Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quilted coats that don't make me look like michelin man

(9 Posts)
Millionprammiles Tue 03-Nov-15 14:25:27

Oh knowledgeable MNetters, where can I find a long, hooded, warm, waterproof, smart (for work) coat in a small size (XS or 6) that isn't one of those bulky puffa coat style ones?

I've seen nice, neat 'quilted' coats with belts round the middle on women but can't find any in the shops that look like that on me. They all seem to be super padded puffa coats that make me look like child of michelin man in her dads coat.

Already have a parka and a hooded mac so need something smarter but still waterproof and hooded (so duffle coats are out).

I feel like life is one endless search for the perfect coat...

amarmai Tue 03-Nov-15 21:09:57

try belts that you already have and see what works.

Millionprammiles Wed 04-Nov-15 08:24:52

I've tried some belted coats but they just sort of balloon out. I need something padded but thin (which I realise makes no sense at all).

OnlyHereForTheCamping Wed 04-Nov-15 09:33:11

Uniqlo?

magpie17 Wed 04-Nov-15 09:36:40

I've got a quite nice belted one that is a bit smarter that the 'puffer' style but is still padded. I wear it to work (corporate, office job). I got it from Zara a couple of years ago but they seem to have similar styles every year.

Millionprammiles Wed 04-Nov-15 09:59:11

OnlyHere - am normally a big fan of Uniqlo but the padded coats are just too big or are jacket length.

magpie - Zara and Mango are usually my go to places for coats but had a look round yesterday, the only hooded winter coats were parkas or duffel coats.

Reluctant to buy online as sizing is an issue but might have to I think.

MummaGiles Wed 04-Nov-15 10:09:43

Joules do lots of different styles of quilted coats

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 04-Nov-15 10:46:21

Have you tried Seasalt? They do loads of waterproof coats.

Millionprammiles Wed 04-Nov-15 10:53:34

Have tried other coats in Seasalt, liked some of the styles but the sizes came up too big on me.

Mumma - have never tried Joules, what's their sizing like?

The last smart winter coat I had was altered by the shop for free (Jigsaw) but while that works for a wool coat, not sure it works for a waterproof one.

Am going to give M&S petite a go...they came up triumps with a hooded mac last year..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now