Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are white jeans unflattering in general?

(7 Posts)
FatRun Tue 03-Nov-15 14:03:57

Just that really... want to replace my Next denim leggings (basically jeans but stretchy - they're great). Getting dark blue and black but they've also got a white option... I've never worn white jeans/trousers and so I don't really know if they're considered to be flattering/unflattering?

I've got quite a nice hourglass shape, my thighs are on the larger side, slim calves.

Please share your wisdom MN!

AnotherEmma Tue 03-Nov-15 14:10:19

I always avoided white jeans (and trousers) like the plague, because I'm an hourglass with a curvy bum and thighs, and they're not flattering. BUT this summer I got a lovely long top (ie that covers my bum) and the colours meant that I had to get white jeans to go with it. I got a pair from New Look and while they're not the most flattering jeans I have, they do look quite nice. Having said that, I would only wear them in summer, and have already managed to spill various food on them. They're also grubby around the ankles. So not the most practical!

pommiegirl Tue 03-Nov-15 14:13:06

No, they are nice for the party season especially with a glittery/sequin top

squoosh Tue 03-Nov-15 14:18:51

They're a bit Liz Hurley.

burnishedsilver Tue 03-Nov-15 14:21:44

No they're not unflattering but to me they look like Summer clothes.

justgoandgetalife Tue 03-Nov-15 14:22:30

Great if you have the figure but I have struggled to find any at all that are heavy duty enough not to show your vpl or pocket linings & seams! White & opaque seems to be impossible.

FatRun Tue 03-Nov-15 14:31:47

Thanks all...think I'll leave them. Yes can see the Liz Hurley thing squoosh grin

Blue and black it is then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now