Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! Outfit for my 30th birthday party

(4 Posts)
AnotherEmma Mon 02-Nov-15 19:51:09

I'm having a drinks party for my 30th (eek!) and need an understated but fabulous outfit. I'm a curvy hourglass/pear shape. I want something flattering but stylish. Preferably a "going out top" that I can wear with trousers or smart jeans and heels. But would also consider a not-too-dressy dress or one of those fabulous high-waisted A-line skirts.

The rules are that the top/top of dress must:
- have sleeves
- have a neckline that isn't too high or too low (because BOOBS)
- be a bright or strong colour. I'd love something blue (strong royal blue) but also suit red, turquoise, jewel colours. NOT black or dark grey
- not be too Christmassy (hard atm I know)

I did go shopping but it was a bit of a disaster. Looked in House of Fraser, Monsoon and a couple of other high street places, but no luck. I'd like to look online now. Will probably do my usual trick of ordering loads in the hope that something will work!

AnotherEmma Mon 02-Nov-15 20:10:10

Just remembered another rule. Dress/skirt must be knee length or below the knee.

Not that I'm hard work or anything grin

KateSpadeAddict Mon 02-Nov-15 20:28:09

Right this is super low because of the wrap...but a pin would make this much better - also not sure if it is a strong enough colour for you. I really like the way it is styled. I would wear it with jeans rather than trousers and some awesome kind of necklace.

www.asos.com/Free-People/Free-People-Grand-Piano-Wrap-Top-with-Peplum-Detail/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5596843&cid=4169&Rf-200=3,1,8&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=204&sort=2&clr=Mulberry&totalstyles=277&gridsize=3

tethersend Mon 02-Nov-15 20:38:40

Velvet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now