Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How do you all style your hair for every day wear?

(5 Posts)
divere Mon 02-Nov-15 14:54:08

I've finally found a hairstyle I can do and like the look of for when I want to look preened, but I really struggle with day-to-day.

I'm pretty good with hair but I find it hard to know what looks classy but casual. I work from home and mostly doing school runs so don't need to look smart. I can French plait bunches but I feel I look 6 years old. I can do a messy bun but it isn't long/thick enough to look nice. I don't really like the scraped-back look. I also don't like wearing it down all the time as it gets in the way/knotty and I like to look different when I wear it down for an evening out.

I have collar bone length hair, light blonde, naturally wavy and only wash it once or twice a week so nothing that involves wet styling. Prone to frizz but mostly controlled.

PennyPants Mon 02-Nov-15 21:32:53

Style you say? In this fog? grin
Usually if weather allows I have my hair down or in a pony tail. I like wearing hats at this time of year too, which helps to avoid frizz.

KateSpadeAddict Mon 02-Nov-15 21:45:56

If you can french plait what about this?

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCPP-qJ_a8sgCFUMmDwodGIgK3g&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpaperfudge%2Fplaits-fringes%2F&psig=AFQjCNEQN7dzMsz3K5EeclBcmlN6VZfTKg&ust=1446586883481147

I do it and it helps to keep my hair off my face...also if you are super lazy like me you can sleep with it in and it can work another day wink

I mainly wear my hair down completely but sometimes (as in on the days it needs washed but I don’t have time!!) do this too - I don’t generally have mine as high as this!

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCP6nt-7a8sgCFcIbDwodWgcH5A&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimogenfoxylocks.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F07%2Fhow-to-get-perfect-hair-quiff-poof.html&bvm=bv.106379543,d.ZWU&psig=AFQjCNG-dSMg4_C8JlU5YX3B5TfxVjTlVg&ust=1446587032349258

You can also quiff like above pic and then pull back into a ponytail or messy bun.

KateSpadeAddict Mon 02-Nov-15 21:46:51

Okay first link doesn’t take you to the picture that I thought it would...hang on a minute!

KateSpadeAddict Mon 02-Nov-15 21:49:17

www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=french%20plait%20fringe&term_meta%5B%5D=french%7Ctyped&term_meta%5B%5D=plait%7Ctyped&term_meta%5B%5D=fringe%7Ctyped

This smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: