Talk

Advanced search

waterproof boots for winter

(6 Posts)
Grinstead Sun 01-Nov-15 21:09:24

Having just moved to countryside I need some warm boots for walking up muddy paths to school, town etc but not wellies and wondered about these www.amazon.co.uk/Merrell-Decora-Womens-Waterproof-Zip-up/dp/B00LZUTDUW/ref=sr_1_11?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1446411649&sr=1-11
has anyone got a pair or similar and if so, are they comfortable and can they be worn most days in the winter or just if it is snowing?

keeponkeepinon Sun 01-Nov-15 23:06:32

I've had similar merrels in the past and they were like wearing slippers. And you knew whatever the weather you were going to have dry toes.
When they finally wore out I replaced them a couple of years ago with some Hi tecs. Similar sort of thing, waterproof suede and like heading out in your slippers. And still going strong.
Hush puppies do waterproof leather boots too. I got some tan leather knee highs last year, so comfy, thermal lined and are smarter so I go out in these rather than just for the school run. They're waterproof but I wouldn't like to go trampling through mud though.

KondoAttitude Mon 02-Nov-15 11:35:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

1stMrsF Mon 02-Nov-15 13:47:11

I have similar Merrell boots and I love them. They have always been waterproof (snow and rock pools at the beach!) and warm, without being too hot or sweaty. I pretty much live in them from November to March.

Pootles2010 Mon 02-Nov-15 13:52:38

I have a pair similar to these - they're gore tex, so waterproof. They've stayed totally dry, not sure i'd go in a rock pool in them mind!

lifibrown Mon 09-Nov-15 16:21:00

I bought a pair of Merrell Dacora Chant last December. I am now on pair three as they fall apart. The only positive is they keep replacing them but I wouldn't waste my money if I were you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now