Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to Clarks for good quality boots for 10 yr boy please.

(8 Posts)
nobodysfool Sun 01-Nov-15 16:45:20

DS has always had Clarks and I have been pleased with how they last after the pounding he gives them.
He cant see any he likes in Clarks that are in his size and am looking for an alternative.
Needs to be able to actually try them on as he has innersoles for flat feet.
Have tried Next a few times for other shoes but have found their quality to be a little flakey.
Oh and he doesn't like kickers. Where else can I try?

BikeRunSki Sun 01-Nov-15 16:47:46

DS (7) is heavy on school shoes, but his Froddo ankle boots still look new after half a term. We got them from an independent kids shoe shop.

DonkeyOaty Sun 01-Nov-15 16:47:49

We've had rufty tufty boots from M and S that have been great. Really take a bashing iyswim.
Sometimes our local Factory Shop has CAT boots in youth sizes.

Notoedike Sun 01-Nov-15 16:53:40

Ricosta are great, recommended by our podiatrist for dds flat feet. They are more expensive than Clarks but are almost bullet proof! Mostly sold in small independent shops but I often get them from Amazon too.

imsorryiasked Sun 01-Nov-15 17:03:22

Hush Puppies - usually have them in Brantano.

AnnaMarlowe Sun 01-Nov-15 17:07:37

Go to an independent children's show show and ask for advice. We fine ricosta excellent too although my DS's current winter boots are Primigi and seem warm, waterproof and tough.

herecomesthsun Sun 01-Nov-15 18:09:48

Startrites? They were actually cheaper than the Clarks ones we looked at and better quality. DS has also had Geox, more expensive than Clarks when fitted in a shop; the replacement pair from Amazon was much cheaper.

mumsnit Sun 01-Nov-15 18:37:45

Yy to Startrite - I buy for DD and usually last really well.

I've also been impressed with M&S boys shoes recently. Bought two pairs for DS which have lasted a year and only needed to change the laces!

I've stopped buying Clarks as the range is increasingly rubbish especially for out of school shoes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now