Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where do you store your handbags when you're not using them?

(34 Posts)
MerlinToadsHellishMuttonSnuff Sun 01-Nov-15 15:23:50

I hang them off the coathooks under the stairs (sometimes snapping the hooks and leaving less space for the family's coats and jackets blush).

I've been known to stash them in my wardrobe, a box under the stairs, wardrobes in DC's rooms and even behind the chair in the sitting room.

It sounds like I've lots of them but I don't. I've just never been able to find a suitable resting place for them!

Do you have any tips please?

Bluecheese22 Sun 01-Nov-15 15:31:06

I have mine in large clear boxes in my dressing room. Means I can see what's in what. I just use basic IKEA ones.

KateSpadeAddict Sun 01-Nov-15 16:32:31

I have an ottoman bed so the good ones are stored in those pretty boxes you get from tkmaxx under there. The others are just stored under there too but not in boxes. All my clutches/smaller bags are in one big under bed box to keep them from just rolling about. The one I’m using generally is hung in the coat cupboard or on the stair banister if it is a cross body smile

chipsandpeas Sun 01-Nov-15 16:42:01

at the bottom of my wardrobe but tbh i dont rotate handbags that often

amarmai Sun 01-Nov-15 17:06:47

on the hooks of an old fashionned coat stand ATM. But i hund the pretty beaded and gilded evening ones on a wall in my old house. Going to do it now.

Whathaveilost Sun 01-Nov-15 17:08:09

On a shelf in my wardrobe.

orlakielyimnot Sun 01-Nov-15 17:09:29

I used to have lots of bags but now I only have a few, only one for different occasions, i.e. work summer, work winter, and they fit in a cubby hole in my craft room!

Knackeredknitter67 Sun 01-Nov-15 17:25:28

I only have 4 these days and keep them on a shelf in my wardrobe, and the one in use hangs over the door.

Doobigetta Sun 01-Nov-15 17:27:51

In theory in the bottom of the wardrobe in their care bags. In practice, piled up under the coats in the hall until himself moans at me to tidy them.

amarmai Sun 01-Nov-15 17:57:15

just hung my 5 prettiest evening bags on a wall where i can look at them and feel happy+ they are decorative.

JaceLancs Sun 01-Nov-15 18:48:15

I have a small laundry basket which fits neatly under my dressing table, I store them stacked in there in care bags
I also keep gloves and belts in same place

Mintyy Sun 01-Nov-15 18:51:11

How many do you have Merlin?

I have three - a black one, a brown one and an evening one. I expect there are plenty of Mumsnetters who have one or none.

I don't have any problem storing mine. I really can't imagine hanging them on my wall and admiring them!! grin.

MerlinToadsHellishMuttonSnuff Sun 01-Nov-15 19:16:48

Well, tbh Mintyy any Kondo converts out there wouldn't approve of my collection (more than three but less than twenty) but I am in the process of decluttering so will lose some to the charity shop along the way!grin

CandyRainShower Sun 01-Nov-15 21:28:17

Well.....I hang my work one on the hooks by the front door, my weekend one is usually on the floor next to the sofa (goes on a hook on a Monday when I swop them over), uni one under my desk.
The ones I am not using are all over the place, clutch and special occasion bags in a box in my wardrobe, day bags and work bags are in a box in dh's wardrobe, beach and holiday bags in the suitcase in the wardrobe, reusable shoppers etc are in a basket on a shelf above the coat hooks. Slightly embarrassing but my weekend one (a lovely slouchy leather white stuff one) is currently over the radiator as there was an apple in the bottom that turned to mush, and I have had to wash the lining and hang up to dry, it was revolting and I had to chuck out a notepad and clean a few bits from the bag. So not like me, I am normally fastidious about tidying out and de cluttering my bags and swopping them over! blush

treaclesoda Sun 01-Nov-15 21:31:59

I've got a handbag storage...thing in my wardrobe. It is hard to describe but it is like a big bag, with separate compartments, that hangs from the wardrobe on a coathanger. It holds about 8 bags - four big and four small. Which is enough for me. But it keeps them neatly out of the way. It only cost about £5.

treaclesoda Sun 01-Nov-15 21:33:08

Similar to this

Only1scoop Sun 01-Nov-15 21:34:36

Bottom of the wardrobe in their dust bags....everyday one usually on a kitchen chair or door handle.

Just ebayed a few I hadn't used in ages. Can't believe how much they went for!!

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 01-Nov-15 21:39:29

Ottoman bed here too, I only have 4 or so though, one canvas one for every day, one black leather one for business dress (rarely used) a straw holiday one and an evening clutch. My main problem is the every day one when it's at home, it has snapped coat pegs before too, so it often gets left on the floor in a corner, not very tidy.

SuckingEggs Sun 01-Nov-15 23:13:00

Bloody hell, I've got about 18! blush

In my wardrobe (apart from the one in use).

KondoAttitude Mon 02-Nov-15 11:32:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

amarmai Mon 02-Nov-15 15:24:25

kondo how about a glass shelf on a wall ? You could rotate the handbags being featured and admire them ! Read the simple pleasures thread.

divere Mon 02-Nov-15 18:12:53

I don't have many, and always use the same two. For the others I have a small suitcase, with a weekend bag inside, with a few small bags inside that. A bit like Russian dolls for bags wink

HolgerDanske Mon 02-Nov-15 22:08:40

I've got an under bed storage drawer where I store most of them lying flat on top of each other. Then I usually have two or three different ones lying around my bedroom which I alternate between day to day. I'll go through phases of preferring a few bags to all the others. Then I've got two more expensive ones that I keep stood upright in their dust bags inside the gift bags they came in.

HappyGirlNow Mon 02-Nov-15 22:13:11

I have an ikea coat stand I hang most of mine from.. I have a few really expensive ones that are in their dustbags on a shelf in my wardrobe...

HolgerDanske Mon 02-Nov-15 22:16:57

Oh yes forgot to say my 'fancy' ones are in my wardrobe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now