Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Someone help me find a low waisted checked/plaid skirt, PLEASE

(11 Posts)
sky1010 Sun 01-Nov-15 15:03:03

I really want a wool, check or plaid skirt. This sort of style www.next.co.uk/g4170s8#362900, but doesn't have to wrap or asymmetric. I have lots of neutral colour sweaters and turtlenecks that will look great with one.

The high street is swarming with them at the moment- but I am struggling to find one which isn't high-waisted. I am a size 14 on the bottom, and a size 10-12 on top- so anything high-waisted which isn't stretch either gapes round my waist or is too tight around the arse.

Ideally, I want a low waisted one that I can buy a size 14 in that will sit happily around my ample thighs.

Has anyone tried one on? Or seen one anywhere?

Oh and I don't want it mini-mini. Needs to be alright for work.

I don't ask for much, do I?

HolgerDanske Sun 01-Nov-15 18:46:52

Could you size up to allow it to sit on the hip? That's what I would do, I reckon.

sky1010 Sun 01-Nov-15 19:17:16

I've tried that, but the fit goes a bit odd and the zip sits in a strange place. It was my first thought holger.

HolgerDanske Sun 01-Nov-15 20:29:46

Ah that's a shame.

Hmmm I don't think I've seen any designed to sit on the hip

Noeuf Sun 01-Nov-15 20:36:55

ink{http://www.polyvore.com/red\www.polyvore.com/re]]d}plaidd_mini_skirt/shop?query=red+plaid+mini+skirt

Loads here. Now I want to save forever to buy all of Anglomania

HolgerDanske Wed 11-Nov-15 19:28:35

Saw some in Next that seemed to sit on the hip.

HolgerDanske Wed 11-Nov-15 19:32:40

Mind you it was on their website, not in a shop.

Fozzleyplum Wed 11-Nov-15 19:37:07

I bought this skirt a few years ago and it fits your requirements. It is low waisted - my usual size sits between my waist and hips. As you can see, this one is on Ebay and I've noticed them on Ebay regularly.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NW3-Hobbs-Tartan-Kilt-Wool-Mini-Skirt-UK-Size-8-VGC-Looks-New-Navy-Blue-Green-/201465383626?hash=item2ee845caca:g:2ekAAOSwAYtWQwGC

Twinklestein Wed 11-Nov-15 20:04:00

Barbour

Vaia Thu 12-Nov-15 14:55:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Chewbecca Thu 12-Nov-15 20:02:34

I've got this boden one. It's very nice and not high waisted but I'm about to send it back as I haven't worn it yet as realised I don't have the right shoes/tops for it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: