Talk

Advanced search

What top could I wear with a black a line midi?

(12 Posts)
ICanSeeForMiles Sun 01-Nov-15 08:52:05

Sorry, I don't have a pic of the skirt. I want something mildly dressy, but not ott glitter/sparkles. I've no idea how to style a midi?
this is why I always buy dresses cos I'm rubbish at this

burnishedsilver Sun 01-Nov-15 09:11:58

I'd try a ribbed polo neck with it.

clayspaniel Sun 01-Nov-15 09:55:56

Where did you get your midi? I've been looking for one for ages but can only find mini / short skirts or M&S classics...

ICanSeeForMiles Sun 01-Nov-15 09:59:48

I got mine in the sale at New Look last week. It's a fairly thick, slightly textured material and I LOVE it smile

I'm not really a fitted clothes person, but it gives a nice shape.

ICanSeeForMiles Sun 01-Nov-15 10:01:59

This is the skirt

clayspaniel Sun 01-Nov-15 11:03:25

Thanks Miles, looks nice. What shoes will you wear with it?

Grok Sun 01-Nov-15 11:10:32

I was at a wedding yesterday and two women wore textured black midis. One wore with a black crop top with 3/4 length sleeves and the other a blue Bardot too. Both looked amazing!!

ICanSeeForMiles Sun 01-Nov-15 11:14:47

It depends. If I'm wearing tights I've got black leather trim suede shoe boots, if bare legs I've got cris cross strappy heels.
Peplum top would look daft with an a line, right?

MooMinCow Sun 01-Nov-15 15:34:09

Pinterest is your friend. Search black midi skirt outfit and loads come up.

How about a Breton style top tucked in or a fitted white shirt with rolled up sleeves?

MooMinCow Sun 01-Nov-15 15:39:14

Here

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 01-Nov-15 21:52:36

I always wear something either tucked in or slightly cropped that sits just on the waistband with an a-line skirt. I think otherwise you - or at least me - can look a bit triangular. (Like Bod.) I have a really brilliant black crew-neck jumper from Whistles which is perfect with a-line skirts - because it's super-simple it lets the skirt stand out, and the slightly cropped length is really flattering. I've got a v small waist but am pretty hippy, this might not be so great on other shaped.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 01-Nov-15 21:52:57

*shapes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now