Talk

Advanced search

Major help needed at my wits end want to cut it all off!!

(6 Posts)
Unsurechicken Sat 31-Oct-15 22:05:00

Okay so I have bra band length hair thick with a wave.

No matter what I use on it how often I brush it the back at the nape of my neck gets in a horrible tangle it makes me cry when I try and brush it.

I've been using a wide tooth comb and a hair mask to try and brush through.

What can I do?!

TimeToMuskUp Sat 31-Oct-15 22:37:12

Have you tried a tangle teezer brush and Loreal Kids cherry detangled spray? Sounds slightly mad using children's detangled but it works fabulously on mine.

Also, I wear it up in a pony most days and plait it before bed so it doesn't get so knotted. And satin pillowcases help too.

sneepy Sun 01-Nov-15 09:54:18

Tangle teezer completely useless on dd2's thick wavy hair. It doesn't get all the way through so just makes it worse. We use a big paddle brush and do it in sections. Lots of conditioner and comb out carefully after with a wide tooth comb and always a French plait at night. I think the plait helps more than anything else.

Unsurechicken Tue 03-Nov-15 01:52:41

Thank you both for your replies. I'll try planting too. The conditioner makes the top heavy and lank

jellyjiggles Tue 03-Nov-15 04:46:03

I use a Paddle brush. Plait at night. Condition well including leave in conditioner.

Carry a brush with you and brush your hair during the day.

I find if I wear chain necklaces with my hair down it gets caught up and snaps.

SeasonalVag Tue 03-Nov-15 17:40:30

Oh yes, avoid necklaces if you have snaggy hair... Sadly I've been in torc hell for years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now