Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Real or faux leather?

(3 Posts)
pootypootwell Sat 31-Oct-15 21:45:23

Which wears better? I'm in the market for a new leather jacket as my old one has been worn to death, after a few years of almost daily wear. It was real leather, although not particularly expensive, and from Topshop. The top layer of the leather is wearing off in patches all over - I had hoped that by buying a real leather jacket it would be a longer lasting investment! So would a faux leather jacket wear as well as/better than a real leather one? Can't afford more than about £100 if going with real leather, which I imagine will limit the quality of the leather.

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Sun 01-Nov-15 07:44:03

If you can't stretch to more than £100 you would probably be hard pressed to find good quality leather, unless you scour factory stores and sites like venteprivee.
There is a lot more decent looking pleather out there this season so it's probably a good time for you to find a jacket, but I can't advise on how long it will last as I have only just bought my first pleather item myself

73dexter Sun 01-Nov-15 07:47:27

TK Maxx have lots of leather jackets.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: