Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone tried a Clinique foundation or concealer?

(26 Posts)
NeedAScarfForMyGiraffe Fri 30-Oct-15 19:07:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sksk Sat 31-Oct-15 04:53:42

You could ask to be booked in for a colour match/ makeover type of thing though this is not essential (helps if they are busy that day, though, and they can spend enough time with you). However, there is usually a charge which can be offset against a purchase. If they do colour match you then definitely ask them to let you walk out of he shop with a mirror to check in different light- I've fallen foul of dodgy lighting many times!

Also, MAC and Bobbi Brown have a greater range of shades (I've always found Clinique too pink for me but Yello undertones suit me better). Is there something in particular about Clinique that you like (eg fragrance free?). John Lewis has a good returns policy and it is quite possible that the other stores do too.

Have a look at Beautypedia or Makeupalley for product reviews, too.

Sorry I can't say more about the longevity and finish as I haven't found a Clinique foundation to match my skin, but I know friends of mine have really liked their foundations in the past.

Sansoora Sat 31-Oct-15 05:10:25

Well as it happens Ive just been away for the weekend with my sister in law and she showed me her new Clinique 2-1 foundation/concealer. She rates it very highly and her skin did look lovely.

I then showed her my new one which is the moisture surge CC Creme Compact.

SIL has been using the Clinique skin care range for years but this is her first try at the makeup. It was also my first purchase after explaining my problem to the sales assistant. She did a wee make over on me and I just loved the foundation. I also bought the chubby sticks eye shadow and a few of the lipsticks which is what I had gone to buy in the first place. So all in all we are both very pleased with Clinique.

anotherbusymum14 Sat 31-Oct-15 05:14:27

Yes I've used Clinique for years. It's a great match for me and I can recommend it. Although I've just come across a similar product from No7 and actually like it very much, maybe even better smile

sksk Sat 31-Oct-15 08:25:49

I should say I have used Clinique's eye shadows/liners/lipsticks and liners and mascara in the past/ some currently and am very pleased. They tend not to irritate me. I am intrigued by the new foundation and concealer and I would definitely consider if the shade worked for me.

MerlinToadsHellishMuttonSnuff Sat 31-Oct-15 08:34:19

I started to use their CC cream after getting a free sample earlier this year. My skin feels great at the moment (which I won't fully attribute to using this product of course - it's a combination of products and care). The coverage is good but not too heavy (which I don't want anyway). I bought the full size CC cream last week as my sample is about to run out which makes it obvious how I feel about it smile

I have used Chanel Vitalumiere and Laura Mercier's Oil Free foundations prior to this. I may return to them one day but for the moment I'm very happy with Clinique.

As a pp already mentioned reviews on sites like MakeupAlley are very helpful.

southeastastra Sat 31-Oct-15 08:37:05

i have the all about eyes concealer, and it's just too runny for me. it has good coverage but i just prefer the stick concealers.

Sansoora Sat 31-Oct-15 08:51:00

This is the foundation/concealer

www.clinique.co.uk/Beyond-Perfecting-Foundation-and-Concealer

MyNameIsSuz Sat 31-Oct-15 09:17:05

I have that beyond perfecting foundation too, and I love it! Covers and smoothes everything out but isn't cakey. And it lasts quite well.

Not sure if they do the same at every store, but they gave me a little tester pot to take away, which lasted about a week and gave me a chance to see if I liked it day to day.

PrimalLass Sat 31-Oct-15 10:51:24

There is a good Bonus Time at House of Frasers at the mo.

NeedAScarfForMyGiraffe Sat 31-Oct-15 15:02:23

NeedAScarfForMyGiraffe Sat 31-Oct-15 15:02:47

Indecisivejo Sat 31-Oct-15 19:04:55

Every Clinique product I've tried gives me an allergic reaction sad

Pancakeflipper Sat 31-Oct-15 19:09:51

My current fav foundation is a clique one. It's pretty light and not value. Lasts pretty well all day.

Shonajay Sat 31-Oct-15 22:44:21

Unfortunately I seem to be allergic to most of their stuff too, and I've always felt they're overpriced and eying the curve when it comes to new stuff. I bought their moisture surge and after one day had to go to a&e both my eyes were nearly swollen shit and my face was bright red- I spent the next week peeling. That kind of put me off, I'm not an allergy prone person and did wonder what they'd put in it. Also used their 123 skincare routine and nearly took the top layer of my skin off. I think some of their products are pretty harsh.

RJnomaaaaaargh Sat 31-Oct-15 22:49:11

I've just switched from their skincare to epionce but I still use their foundation and cc cream and some other makeup. I use the redness solutions although I may change as the redness is no longer an issue. I rate them very highly.

NeedAScarfForMyGiraffe Sat 31-Oct-15 23:09:04

sksk Sun 01-Nov-15 07:44:12

Clinique do an alcohol free clarifying lotion (toner) that they rarely tell you about at the counter- it is so much better than the other ones they do!

Ridingthegravytrain Sun 01-Nov-15 07:47:43

I've used the superbalanced foundation in 03 ivory for years. It's light and non cakey but gives good coverage and lasts ages

anotherbusymum14 Sun 01-Nov-15 08:35:03

Sorry for the late response. I use Clinique Superbalanced makeup and have for about 10 years and have just stumbled upon No7 Stay Perfect foundation. Both I can recommend I am thinking il get some more no7 when I run out of Clinique (just see how it goes). Hope that helps smile)

anotherbusymum14 Sun 01-Nov-15 08:37:22

I like Clinique Superbalanced and No7 Stay Perfect for the same reasons that Ridingthegravytrain suggests ^

Nettletheelf Sun 01-Nov-15 23:54:46

I don't recommend Beyond Perfecting. I used a sample from a magazine. Right shade, but it's really heavy. I caught sight of myself in the driving mirror on the way to work and thought, "what have you done to yourself?". I looked waxen and weird. Felt quite smothering on the skin too.

Sansoora Mon 02-Nov-15 02:54:18

Nettle, thats very strange. Perhaps you used to much. The bottle comes with an applicator and what you apply to your face is a tiny amount thats then blended in. You can hardly see the result.

Nettletheelf Mon 02-Nov-15 06:15:28

Used half a sachet, looked like I'd been grouted!

Sansoora Mon 02-Nov-15 11:38:14

Used half a sachet, looked like I'd been grouted!

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: