Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to wear with my new pointy kitten heel ankle boots?

(14 Posts)
PontypineNumber9 Fri 30-Oct-15 17:27:07

These ones...
www.lkbennett.com/Collections/Shoes/Boots/Adife-Suede-Point-Ankle-Boot/p/SBADIFESUEDEBlackBlack
I love them but tried them on yesterday with some slim black trousers and they just didn't look right. I'm tall and have quite big feet (size 8!) - I'm worried they just make my feet look huge.
Any ideas on what to wear with them?

Greengardenpixie Fri 30-Oct-15 18:19:48

A knee length or just above skirt/dress would look fine. Shift dress, A-line or pencil skirt? Try pulling out a few things and see how you get on. Suede can look clumpy so to minimise wear thick black tights. I am sure a skinny trouser would look fine with them too. The thing will be to tuck in or not but i suppose if they are just above the boot that may look fine.

SurlyCue Fri 30-Oct-15 18:27:40

Definitely thick black tights. Tbh i think ankle boots look naff with skirts but black tights you can just about get away with. Otherwise black skinny jeans.

amarmai Fri 30-Oct-15 21:36:39

they look good for the Victorian look that is in this fall/winter. def wear with dresses - prob mid calf length depending on how that looks to you. can also see them with the gaucho style wide leg mid calf length pants.

BrendaandEddie Fri 30-Oct-15 21:37:34

they are too pointy for big feet?

BitchyButTrue Fri 30-Oct-15 21:45:01

A paper bag over your head ?

PontypineNumber9 Fri 30-Oct-15 22:02:55

Thanks for all the (constructive) replies!
I will have to have a big trying on session and see what works - some nice suggestions though. I like the idea of the midi dress so will try that too. Thanks

Greengardenpixie Fri 30-Oct-15 22:52:57

A paper bag over your head ?
hmm

burnishedsilver Sat 31-Oct-15 00:03:18

A few ideas to try....

louloubelle2 Sat 31-Oct-15 08:57:42

Ok - this is coming from something I'm working on myself....even though you love them, if they don't look good on you, or go with the clothes you wanted to wear them with, should you really keep them? Do you wear opaques and skirts a lot, that sounds like office wear to me. Which if you have that kind of job then great, but would you wear that outfit casually just to get wear out of the boots?

I'm so guilty of this and have wasted so much money buying individual items I love, (especially heeled boots!) then not really having the rest of the outfit/occasion/lifestyle to wear them so they sit unused till i sell them at a loss on eBay a few months later!

Yseulte Sat 31-Oct-15 10:14:49

If they don't work with your clothes I would return them. I often take clothes with me when shopping so that I can try things on with them.

PontypineNumber9 Sat 31-Oct-15 14:12:51

That's really good advice and I completely agree. I do work in a casual office so I'm sure it would be fine to wear them with dresses/skirts. I'll try them with a few of my favourite work-y outfits and if they don't work/I don't feel confident in them they are going back! Thanks for the wise advice.

wynkenblinkennod Sat 31-Oct-15 23:11:54

I have a black clingy jersey type dress with long sleeves and a jewelled type collar. Think Chanel but a lot cheaper! And I wear those boots with it and it looks fab.

wynkenblinkennod Sat 31-Oct-15 23:13:40

Oh and meant to say, wear thicker tights with them if you wear them with a dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now