Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Home laser hair removal

(5 Posts)
MiniMum97 Fri 30-Oct-15 09:07:34

Hello
Am thinking of buying a home laser hair removal machine mainly because I am tired of hair removal and ingrowing hairs. I have PCOS so my excess hair is hormonal.

Would welcome hearing people's views and experiences. And also recommendations for machines.

I also get the impression from my research so far that the hair removal is not permanent and will need to be topped up periodically after the initial treatment period?? How frequently does this need to be done and what happens when you go grey? Back to normal hair removal methods? confused

Do you still get slower hair growth? What is the benefit of having it done in a clinic as opposed to the home machines?

Thanks in advance everyone!

smile

pdxs Fri 30-Oct-15 12:04:49

Can you tell me more - is this a lumea (IPL) or something more than that?

I have had laser (professionally) for ongoing hair problems - that has worked well for me but does need some topping up, sure would be the same if you bought a machine. How much are they? I would expect a good laser (not IPL) machine would cost thousands...

I don't know anyone who has had a home laser machine (who is not a beautician), many friends have had prof treatments & worked well for them

I don't see how you could laser your own eg face as I have always worn eye protection goggles when someone works on my face

MiniMum97 Fri 30-Oct-15 19:56:48

Hello pdxs. Thanks for your reply. I mean a home IPL machine. I don't need to do my face so that's not an issue.
grin

toomuchinternets Fri 30-Oct-15 20:05:52

Hi, my wife and I (both women!) bought a Lumea in January and it's cheesy but true to say it's really changed things for us both. It was recommended on here and I was really sceptical- I have a middle eastern heritage so medium skin and dark black hairs, very hairy everywhere- face especially. She is pale with ginger hair but has PCOS so very thick dark hairs.

It's had more of an effect on me, but still significant on her. Persevere with it- I did my legs every 2 weeks about 4 or 5 times and didn't seem much different but then haven't bothered since about June and barely need to shave anymore. It's life changing for me, who previously shaved legs daily.

Lady garden has been interesting! Palest part of my body with the thickest darkest hairs (soz for overshare). Have done two treatments. Worst part is that you have to fully shave beforehand and the regrowth is fricking awful, no idea how people do this all the time! grin but after only 2 treatments there's about 50% less- proper bald patches blush not my best look but it's amazing feeling so much less hairy, and when I can face the itchy regrowth I'll keep doing more treatments.

MiniMum97 Mon 02-Nov-15 22:02:14

Thank you for your very comprehensive and useful reply! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now