Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof, warm and smart boots needed for work

(28 Posts)
PlayingSolitaire Thu 29-Oct-15 19:50:26

Please help me!

I have started working in an office which is often freezing as the door to the outside is left open. Outside the office it is very muddy and wet and there is a short walk to/from my car and I sometimes need to walk around in the mud/wet more than this. However, despite all this I have a smart/casual dress code (in no jeans). So, I am looking for:

Boots which are either calf length or knee length
Black
Smartish (not Wellingtons, but don't have to be super smart)
Probably leather so I can clean off the mud easily
Warmly lined (fleece, faux fur?)
Waterproof
Able to drive when wearing them

I think that's all I need!! Can anyone recommend anything?

internaldiscord Thu 29-Oct-15 20:06:55

what's your budget? i have my eye on these Ecco boots and Amazon sell them cheaper than the Ecco site too:

www.amazon.co.uk/Ecco-Babett-Boot-Womens-Riding/dp/B00VK14O5K

PlayingSolitaire Thu 29-Oct-15 20:40:00

Budget is ... Flexible, but not too high. I think it's probably worth spending a bit on them as I want good boots that will do the job I want them to do and last well. I would say £100 is probably what I would realistically expect to spend.

The boots you shared look lovely, but don't appear to have the warmth factor that I need (I'm currently wearing two pairs of socks!). Thank you for trying though, I appreciate it.

LIZS Thu 29-Oct-15 20:46:10

www.fatface.com/footwear/boots/icat/womensboots Erin boots look great in rl.

tittysprinkles Thu 29-Oct-15 21:07:22

These?

Have just bought the brown ones and they are marvellously comfy and warm. They are a suedey type of material rather than leather though.

PlayingSolitaire Thu 29-Oct-15 21:51:44

Thanks for the suggestions. Fat face was a good idea as I hadn't thought to look there before, but none of the boots seem to be that warm sadly- and I do need super warm boots!

The UGG boots look perfect- it says they are leather in the description. But they are quite a bit over budget. Anyone know any like this which are cheaper, but still good quality?

Thank you so much for trying though, I do really appreciate your help.

KanyesVest Thu 29-Oct-15 21:56:30

There are some nice leather uggs on m&m direct for good prices at the moment.

2legit2knit Thu 29-Oct-15 21:59:40

www.sebago.com/UK/en_GB/womens-boots/

Sebago boots are waterproof and very good quality.

GoneAndDone Thu 29-Oct-15 22:11:25

I have these Uggs and love them. Quidco was doing 15% cashback when I bought them.
www.uggaustralia.co.uk/simmens/1008439.html?dwvar_1008439_color=BLK#start=10&cgid=women-boots

ValiantMouse Thu 29-Oct-15 23:54:56

How about these: www.schuh.co.uk/womens/rocket-dog-weekender-brown-boots/1470406060/

I bought them recently and they're very warm and comfy!

I looked at these too, but they weren't quite what I wanted.

www.schuh.co.uk/womens/schuh-world-black-boots/1438797060/
www.schuh.co.uk/womens/blowfish-farina-shearling-brown-boots/1439346260/

tittysprinkles Thu 29-Oct-15 23:58:16

I bought the Uggs to replace a pair of Clark's national sugar boots which I foolishly gave to charity rather than having resoled. They were the best boots I have ever owned, very similar in style to the Uggs but only £79 and now discontinued.

I have found one pair in black on ebay but they are a size 3 - any good for you?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 30-Oct-15 00:44:31

What about the Timberland Nellie? I have these and they are lovely. Warm, waterproof, comfortable and the leather is nice and flexible. I can drive in them and walk the dog for miles, they're really nice.

Pipbin Fri 30-Oct-15 00:54:42

Why is the door left open?

mammmamia Fri 30-Oct-15 03:33:51

Try Jones. Got a fab pair last year.

PlayingSolitaire Fri 30-Oct-15 08:06:22

Thank you all, some excellent suggestions. I like the schuh world black boots, the timberlands and a couple from Jones! I think there is a Jones and a Schuh in a localism town, so I might take a trip there to have a look.

The Clarks ones sounded excellent, so sad for you that you sold them. Sadly my feet are about 5.5.

The door is left open because it's a very outdoors place and people from outside keep wandering in and leaving it open. I do try to keep it shut to keep the warmth in, but even then it's not that well insulated as its only a hut. I can see myself wearing gloves at my desk in the winter!

PlayingSolitaire Fri 30-Oct-15 08:10:06

Tittysprinkles- do you think these are the same as your National Sugar ones? They look the same just a different name? www.clarks.co.uk/p/26111733

They look quite good.

carrielou2007 Fri 30-Oct-15 11:45:45

I've ordered those playing solitaire they look very much like my national sugar ones I still have in brown and grey suede. These have a fluffy looking lining too. Mine due for delivery Monday.

tittysprinkles Fri 30-Oct-15 11:56:36

Yes they look virtually identical except for the furry lining. I think they could be the boot you are looking for! smile

LIZS Fri 30-Oct-15 13:53:44

There's a 25% code for Clarks full price boots this weekend.

I got some national sugars from the Clarkson outlet online - arrived today! Worth a check for right size / colour.....

carrielou2007 Sat 31-Oct-15 13:26:57

My boots just arrived and ar fab fab fab! Same as my national sugars but with s cosy fluffy lining very snugly perfect for winter school runs and chilly office if the door gets left open!!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sat 31-Oct-15 13:41:11

I love the Clarks Orinoco ankle boot, I'm now on my second pair.

bishboschone Sat 31-Oct-15 14:00:14

Ugg noira .. Warm ask waterproof .. Mine have lasted 4 years with constant use .

PrimalLass Sun 01-Nov-15 13:20:19

Ugg Gershwins? I have these and they are definitely waterproof. However, they are very narrow in the foot so I am considering ebaying them and getting that Clarks pair.

Outcomesthebunnyofdeath Sun 01-Nov-15 13:51:38

Merrell have some lovely boots and all warm and waterproof methinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now