Talk

Advanced search

Darker dye for suede boots?

(3 Posts)
BettyBi0 Thu 29-Oct-15 17:11:31

I got some lovely Ash Jalouse boots on eBay - yes I am usually about 4 years behind the fashions haha. Anyway, they turned out to be a lot paler than I was expecting so I'm looking for tips on how to dye them a dark smokey grey/brown colour. At the moment they are pale greyish beige.

Can I do this myself at home or are they going to end up looking crap? Any recommended brands or stockists of suede dye?

pdxs Thu 29-Oct-15 17:31:38

I have refreshed black suede with a spray for this which gave good results... (I bought that at Jones shoe shop) I think you can probably go brown without too much trouble using their similar product

The spray products you would need are sold at john lewis .. they would poss have a wider range of colours but not 100% sure if sold grey (i saw black, brown, navy)

cannaethink Thu 29-Oct-15 19:32:07

I dyed a light grey pair of ankle boots to a darker grey. I used a suede dye from eBay called TRG. Search for suede dye, there's quite a few brands with lots of colours.
It took two bottles to get good, non patchy coverage, and is a messy job but I'm pleased with the result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now