Talk

Advanced search

Duty free suggestions

(9 Posts)
sksk Thu 29-Oct-15 08:22:20

I may be able to buy a few things from the duty free in Dubai airport while waiting for a connecting flight. Any suggestions/experiences for good value or good skincare/makeup/other products from there?

mysteryfairy Thu 29-Oct-15 11:15:02

DH was on a stop over there recently and the couple of things he checked for us - jo Malone perfume and some Mac products - actually came out at uk high street prices so would have been better to buy in the uk airport on the outbound journey.

He says spirits were cheap if that's any consolation!

sksk Thu 29-Oct-15 11:26:53

That's interesting. I was hoping for a treat!

cressetmama Thu 29-Oct-15 13:42:58

Dubai Duty Free doesn't have much in the way of bargains any longer, apart from cigarettes.

Beketaten Sat 31-Oct-15 00:20:58

Yes, I fly to the UAE a bit and you get better bargains in the airport here!

sksk Sat 31-Oct-15 04:44:47

How disappointing!

RitaConnors Sat 31-Oct-15 05:24:39

I looked at getting a handbag there last week and it was more expensive there than in the ordinary shop!

Our flight was 'delayed' anyway as there were no stairs available to get us off so we ended up running through the airport.

sksk Sat 31-Oct-15 08:23:48

Maybe I'll just get something like chocolates for my work colleagues!

Beketaten Sat 31-Oct-15 15:43:18

Look out for camel milk chocolate then! Pretty sure they sell it at the airport. Or Chocodates, which are dates stuffed with an almond and covered in chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now