Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wellies for children

(16 Posts)
yazzy85 Thu 29-Oct-15 00:36:22

Where do you recommend buying wellies for yoing children, 3 and 4 years old??

TheSteveMilliband Thu 29-Oct-15 07:24:50

Supermarket usually - they grow out of them so fast. Clarks if they're going to be worn lots. Wouldn't dream of hunters etc at that age, though don't live in the countryside

BikeRunSki Thu 29-Oct-15 07:31:32

Spotty Otter superb quality, made of rubber rather than PVC, so they have warmer and more flexible in cold weather. Last for ages, good tread. They have an insole you can take out to get an extra half size out of them.

Cerseirys Thu 29-Oct-15 07:35:45

DS (20 months) loves his red dinosaur wellies that light up when he walks. They're from Sainsburys and were £7. No point spending more than that given that I'll have to buy another pair next winter!

MumOfTheMoment Thu 29-Oct-15 07:58:17

If they wear them a lot or for longer walks then I wouldn't personally go for £5 Asda ones, for example. I have bought Jojo Maman Bebe ones using a discount code for about £15 and they are warm and last for ages. And they will be fine to be passed down. I have also had Joules ones from the ebay outlet for £10. They came with the £29.99 price tag still attached! They lasted well and I sold them for £7 on ebay after my dc had finished with them grin

I also rate the green Dunlops once they are a bit older.

dairyfarmerswife Thu 29-Oct-15 09:14:44

Shoezone kids wellies are pretty cheap and last well. They are plastic and not that thick but I allow for socks.

DartmoorDoughnut Thu 29-Oct-15 09:21:57

I bought the jojo ones and they are not great for babies who are around the 50% line, I can't tuck my DS's trousers in, hoping he'll have a growth spurt soon so his legs get skinnier grin

yazzy85 Thu 29-Oct-15 09:54:13

Oh thank you. How ia the sizing on the Spotty Otter ones? Should we go up a size or stick to their current shoe sizes? They are in the sale at the moment so they would be similar price wise to the supermarket ones.

Only1scoop Thu 29-Oct-15 09:54:54

Joules outlet shop if you've got one near.

yazzy85 Thu 29-Oct-15 09:55:28

How does the sizing on the Spotty Otter ones come up? Should we go up a size or stick to their current shoe sizes? They are in the sale at the moment and lool like good value. Will also have a look at ebay, thank you everyone smile

Fugghetaboutit Thu 29-Oct-15 09:59:23

Sainsburys have nice ones. Ds got some for £5 and they flash which he loves.

EveWornOut Thu 29-Oct-15 17:18:37

The Crocs fleece lined ones are great and easy for them to put on.

BikeRunSki Thu 29-Oct-15 19:15:43

Spotty Otters are slightly generous. Enough for a welly sock, but not enough to size up. Highly recommended, we've had so many pairs I've lost count!!

yazzy85 Fri 30-Oct-15 09:34:59

Thank you for the help! I've ordered the Spotty Otter ones in their regular sizes. Never heard of the company before but looks like they have some lovely items, kids jackets look very warm as well although they are a bit pricey.

BikeRunSki Fri 30-Oct-15 20:07:43

You won't regret it! They are local to me, and have a shop Little Trekkers which sells the Spotty Otter stuff and lots of other lovely outdoory stuff for children. It's very hard not to spend a fortune in there.

yazzy85 Fri 30-Oct-15 20:24:29

Thanks BikeRunSki, I will have a look at that website too flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: