Talk

Advanced search

What treat should I spend £100 on?

(18 Posts)
fififolle Wed 28-Oct-15 22:39:42

I was very lucky to receive a cheque for £100 from my Grandma for my birthday. I would like to buy a really nice treat with it but am stuck for ideas. I'm 24 weeks pregnant so clothes are out. I'd like something that would last as opposed to something consumable as she's 90 and I'd love it to form a special memory.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mowglik Thu 29-Oct-15 00:08:11

A perfume you can use during pregnancy to remind you of this time?

It's a bit corny but I had a lovely pregnancy and like thinking back to that time when it was just me and DH planning for our new arrival

Bouncey Thu 29-Oct-15 00:59:06

A really lovely wallet or scarf - something you can use often and think of your granny.

Saurus72 Thu 29-Oct-15 02:18:18

A Mulberry coin purse - something you can use regularly and that can remind you of your Grandma.

diggerdigsdogs Thu 29-Oct-15 02:25:49

Just a warning on mulberry wallets. My friend bought one and the quality is awful. She returned it for replacement and hat one has been crap too.

My 10 year old mulberry is great but I wouldn't buy a new one.

I would buy a bracelet or necklace I think. Something that you can keep and won't be ruined through use.

fififolle Thu 29-Oct-15 16:26:47

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I typed a reply earlier but it disappeared! I have a mulberry wallet, bought several years ago from the outlet. I wouldn't trust my pregnancy nose to chose a new perfume and I'm quite stuck in my current one. The jewellery idea sounds good, I was hoping that someone could suggest an unusual/up and coming designer.

Tate15 Thu 29-Oct-15 19:09:11

Some nice jewellery here
www.mercimamanboutique.com

I have a personalised necklace and a bracelet from there.

fredandme123 Thu 29-Oct-15 19:15:24

I think I would spend it on decent make-up brushes or a makeup refurb, happy shopping !!

fififolle Thu 29-Oct-15 19:31:41

Tate some of that jewellery looks lovely.
Fred my mum kindly treated me to some Bobbi Brown makeup for my birthday as I was stuck for ideas then too!

fredandme123 Thu 29-Oct-15 19:33:56

Think i would save it then until I was out somewhere and there was something I just had to have (probably within days of cheque clearing!)

KatyS36 Thu 29-Oct-15 22:28:32

I've got a beautiful piece from Nichola Hurst which is in that price range, from the seedpods collections (which could be fitting as you are pregnant?)

pdxs Thu 29-Oct-15 23:38:14

Jewellery... as its a lasting item so always a nice reminder of who has given. For 100£ you could get a nice silver/silver with gold plating necklace... dinny hall, astley, monica vinader or the like...

Hope you find something you like smile

pdxs Thu 29-Oct-15 23:40:46

I just found a website called mococo for jewellery... current designs and outlet .. may be worth a nose. Some great prices in the outlet if there is something that takes your fancy!

AnotherEmma Thu 29-Oct-15 23:48:56

I'd get jewellery, a purse or a handbag.

I once got a £100 John Lewis voucher and strict instructions to spend it on myself (not something for the house or someone else) so I bought some Chanel perfume smile
I know you don't want perfume but it was something I would never have just bought for myself if it wasn't for the voucher. A real treat!

burnishedsilver Fri 30-Oct-15 09:38:25

I quite like this bag for £99.

cremedecacao Fri 30-Oct-15 09:43:11

I'm 23 weeks and have just treated myself to new birthday boots! Dune has a sale smile

threestars Fri 30-Oct-15 10:06:43

Silver photo frame? So when the baby comes you can have a picture of grandma and baby together in the frame?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now