Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

quick and easy hairstyles needed!

(4 Posts)
Jelly101 Tue 27-Oct-15 22:21:25

Since having my DS 6 months ago, I usually just shove my hair up in a ponytail. Before his arrival, I used to do all sorts of hairstyles, side braids, fishtail braids, curls (this takes me about an hour) etc. I also own tons of pretty bobbles, bows and clips which I used all the time in my hair.

Nowadays, I'm lucky if I have time to wash it on a regular basis. I have longish (think bra length) dark brown hair (with blonde highlights) with a sweeping side fringe. My hair dries straight and I usually backcomb it slightly if I'm wearing it down, as it lacks a lot of volume and tends to look very flat (which does not suit me at all).

Can anyone recommend any easy/time saving hairstyles? Me & DP have a meal booked soon and I want to do something different without standing in front of the mirror for ages attempting to curl it (this is usually the only thing I do when we go anywhere nice).

Thanks smile

KnockMeDown Wed 28-Oct-15 09:28:58

How about something like this? Shorter, but still looks pretty. I have similar hair to your - dries straight, and I find this style really easy to do. The layers add body, too.

CuteAsaF0x Wed 28-Oct-15 09:32:46

That would be much harder than all one length.
If it's flat, get a few inches off the end. Have a few more blonde highlights.

but anything like that picture, that'd take a lot of touching up.

BumbleNova Wed 28-Oct-15 09:35:13

have a look on youtube for some tutorials? I've found some good ideas on there. i find videos easier than pinterest instructions!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: