Talk

Advanced search

Spanish bargain buys?

(10 Posts)
QueenofLouisiana Mon 26-Oct-15 07:09:38

I'm off to Valencia for a few days so I'm hoping to do a bit of bargain hunting. Are there any tips?

Is Zara cheaper in Spain for instance? Any great make up brands?

GERTgert06 Mon 26-Oct-15 08:38:19

Yes, Zara and Mango are much cheaper.

QueenofLouisiana Mon 26-Oct-15 17:02:35

Lovely, a good place to start!

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Mon 26-Oct-15 22:15:17

Massimo Dutti is also cheaper. Kiko (italian brand)make up is great. If buying make up or perfume always shop around before paying El Corte Inglés (big department store) prices.

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Mon 26-Oct-15 22:16:30

Massimo Dutti is also cheaper. Kiko (italian brand) make up is great too. If buying make up or perfume always shop around before paying El Corte Inglés prices.

LondonHuffyPuffy Tue 27-Oct-15 10:54:42

Knock yourself out in Sephora for beauty products! I was gutted when they closed Sephora in the UK.

GirlInTheDirtyShirt Tue 27-Oct-15 12:53:48

C&A! We still have C&A here and it is FAB. There's a big one in the El Saler shopping centre near the City of Arts and Sciences. There are also some lovely little boutiquey type places in El Carmen (the historical centre, if you wander around near the Torre Serrano and head toward Calle Caballeros you'll see quite a few).

GirlInTheDirtyShirt Tue 27-Oct-15 12:57:45

Also, if you go to Calle Joaquin Costa (near the Mercado Colon, metro stop Colon), there are loads of great upmarket shops, some big names, some boutiques, and I think they might be cheaper than in the UK. Go downstairs in Mercado Colon, and there's a little stall that does 6 oysters and 2 glasses of cava for pennies, if that's your thing.

GirlInTheDirtyShirt Tue 27-Oct-15 13:04:21

Will you have a car? If so and if you can get to Bonaire shopping outlet, that's your best bet for a proper shopping blowout. It's enormous (by Spanish standards) and it has everything.

Strawberryfield12 Tue 27-Oct-15 21:05:56

Spain is great for shoes and bags. Have bought plain leather court pumps for around Eur 30, not any big brand, but perfect for office and goes for 3rd year now! Also easy to find good quality leather handbags for +/- Eur 100.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now