Talk

Advanced search

Stupid question about earrings

(10 Posts)
isshoes Sun 25-Oct-15 22:31:43

I really like these earrings and these too, but I am a bit confused about how to wear them, and how they would look on. For example with the ones with the green stud, do you wear them with the stud bit against the front of your lobe, and then the semi hoop just hanging underneath? I can't imagine how that would look, and yet they look nice on the webpage. Am I just being stupid? I really can't think how to wear the star ones either...confused

ridinghighinapril Sun 25-Oct-15 22:36:06

I would wear them with the green stud/star at the front of the lobe with the hoop extending behind and under the lobe.
Any other way of wearing them would leave the green stud/star hidden from view, as far as I can tell!

steppemum Sun 25-Oct-15 22:39:27

I think that you wear them both with the stud against your ear and the hoop goes behind and curls round under your ear and in front.
So you put them on by threading the end without the stud into your hole and pushing it through.
On that basis I think the star ones are actually photographed upside down?

I think they are both lovely by the way

isshoes Sun 25-Oct-15 22:40:47

Thanks - but I don't see how that would work with the star ones - aren't they the wrong way round? Wouldn't that require the non-star end of the hoop to just slightly stick through the piercing hole, from back to front? I can't figure out if I'm just over-tired...

Scarletforya Sun 25-Oct-15 22:49:54

No, the C shape goes through the hole and the green stone is presented forward and looks as though its bobbing about in mid air.

isshoes Sun 25-Oct-15 23:00:36

I keep thinking I understand and then I don't. I can see how that works with the star ones Scarlet - if you turn it upside down as steppemum says. But with the green one, the stud is at the wrong angle compared to the hoop to do that - if it was left to bob, the actual stone bit would point downwards surely?

steppemum Sun 25-Oct-15 23:05:03

green one has to sit against the ear, it would be too heavy and at the wrong angle.
But the star ones could be against the ear or dangling a bit, but that would depend on the angle of the star which I can't really tell.

If you left them to dangle too much they would slide out.

sooperdooper Sun 25-Oct-15 23:05:30

The star ones are pictured upside down on the website - both pairs are threaded through so the green stud/star sits against the front lobe and the back hoop hangs down - imagine they were full hoops but with a stud attached against your ear

steppemum Sun 25-Oct-15 23:07:16

Ok, had another look, there is a sideways pic of the stars.

They look as if you wouldn't wear the star against the ear, but thread the hoop so it is 2/3 way through and let the star hang down just below the ear.

isshoes Sun 25-Oct-15 23:07:55

Clearly I'm going to have to just buy both pairs in order to clear this matter up...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now