Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Long black wool coat

(11 Posts)
DrWhy Sun 25-Oct-15 14:44:52

Can anyone suggest a good place to start looking for a good quality long black wool coat. I am moving back to the UK and when I lived and worked in the same place previously I tended to wear a smartish dress and cardigan to work with a scarf and my black, below knee length wool coat. I think I bought it in debenhams and having been worn nearly daily for 4 years it went off to the charity shop when I moved to warmer climes.
I'd really like to get a good quality replacement, I guess budget between £150 and maybe £300.
Any ideas?

Mumtobeagain2015 Sun 25-Oct-15 15:29:58

Try Ralph Lauren, they have a few for around the £285 mark, example below.

m.ralphlauren.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=48261981&cp=3979771.25704971

legohurtswhenyoustandonit Sun 25-Oct-15 17:00:11

I like Austin Reed. Good discounts in the sale

Windowbasket Sun 25-Oct-15 18:38:23

I really like this: www.massimodutti.com/gb/en/women/coats/long-black-coat-c680658p6339015.html?colorId=800&categoryNav=680658

And Hobbs have a nice military one.

BlameItOnTheBogey Sun 25-Oct-15 19:17:45

Jeagar outlet is your friend.

DrWhy Mon 26-Oct-15 09:49:38

Ooh, thank you folks!
The Ralph Lauren one is a bit shorter than I'd ideally like, I'll be in Scotland so if I can make my coat come down to the top of knee high boots it would be ideal!
The massimo one is gorgeous and a few potentials on the Jäger site too - off to look at Austin Reed now!
I honestly hadn't considered a belted one, my previous one was double breasted and buttons but the belted type would give a lovely warm wrapped up feeling. I might have to work on getting a waist back though, I'm currently a size 14ish and a little concerned that a bulky belt round my waist might not be the best look!
I'll try a couple on when I'm next back but at least you have given me some inspiration beyond Debenhams ??

DrWhy Mon 26-Oct-15 09:50:41

*next back = permanently back
I think I'm trying to ignore that! Oh and the ?? were smile

herecomesthsun Mon 26-Oct-15 10:18:46

40% off Jaeger outlet today, e.g.

Jaeger navy £399 to £149.40 today

fur collar black Jaeger similarish reduction

Jaeger black should now be £149.40

cocoon, even cheaper

wrap

herecomesthsun Mon 26-Oct-15 13:02:45

Also, Carine Roitfeld will have her much awaited new Uniqlo collection out from midnight on 29th with apparently some great coats, if you are still looking then?

Pippin8 Mon 26-Oct-15 14:30:47

I have tried this on today & it is amazing, so warm & such good quality.

Windowbasket Mon 26-Oct-15 15:59:22

WOW what a great Jaeger discount! Thanks for sharing! I have just ordered the navy wrap coat for £149!!! I think I might prefer the Massimo Dutti one but it's worthing having a look at the Jaeger one first. Will let you all know what I think once it arrives.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: