Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Budget foundation that doesn't have SPF?

(10 Posts)
Underdogsbollocks Sat 24-Oct-15 14:37:44

It's my best friends wedding next week and I have just had a call off the lady who I had booked to do my make up letting me know she has to cancel because she has been put on bed rest (I didn't press for details but she is 32 weeks pregnant and I know she has had previous problems so am assuming this is why). I have spent all morning trying to get an appointment somewhere else but to no avail so I have resigned to just doing it myself. However I have just realised my foundation is SPF 20 so I now need a new foundation as I know I will be in quite a few professional photos and I am not making that mistake again blush. The wedding is before my next pay day and money is tight so I can't afford anything more than £15 maximum but can anyone recommend a foundation that doesn't contain SPF? Thanks smile

patterkiller Sat 24-Oct-15 14:40:44

Sorry I haven't a recommendation but just been nosey, what's wrong with spf and photographs?

sky1010 Sat 24-Oct-15 14:55:29

It's light reflectors in foundation that causes white bits in photos, not SPF.

Avoid anything 'dewy' and you'll be fine.

Underdogsbollocks Sat 24-Oct-15 15:01:25

Sky I thought any SPF has light reflectors in? How do I know when I'm buying one of it has light reflectors in?

sky1010 Sat 24-Oct-15 16:01:15

By light reflectors I mean ingredients that make you look all angelic and dewy and glowing rather than sunlight reflectors for SPF purposes.

As long as you have a matte finish foundation (so no sparkly bits or glowing properties) SPF shouldn't be a problem when taking photos.

whitershadeofpale Sat 24-Oct-15 16:09:11

No spf does cause flashback in photos. It's usually ok if it's less than 8 though.

Mac face and body is meant to be very good, I imagine it's a bit over budget but you could try getting a sample which would be enough for the day.

Ysl do a great one that is spf 4 and doesn't flashback, they're very good about giving samples.

Carpaccio Sat 24-Oct-15 16:11:50

SPF can cause flashback in photos. I don't have any recommendations for a foundation without (other than mac face and body), but it is usually not an issue with low SPF. You will be able to find sites with reviews when searching for foundations and flashback on google.

Alternatively, you could get a couple of samples of higher end foundations so you can try before you. My experience is that they usually give enough for 5-7 days.

Your foundation might be fine - take a flash photo (phone pic with flash should be fine) to check if you get the flashback.

Underdogsbollocks Sat 24-Oct-15 17:05:27

Ok thanks for all your suggestions, I only live in a small town and not sure if the Debenhams has a YSL counter but will pop in tomorrow when I finish work. I know my normal foundation isn't okay because I attended a wedding a couple of months back and my face looked awful in all the professional photos sad.

HopefulAnxiety Sat 24-Oct-15 17:46:24

Bourjois foundation is usually without SPF. Cheaper brands like Collection/Essence/Natural Collection usually do too. Barry M's new (newish anyway) Flawless Finish foundation appears to be SPF-free and is £5.99.

Walkingonsunshine00 Sat 24-Oct-15 17:52:02

Revlon colourstay for combination oily skin (make sure it's combination oily if not it isn't matte) has an spf of 6 which shouldn't reflect. £12.99

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now