Talk

Advanced search

Shoe Shops in Paris anyone?

(6 Posts)
lifeisabowlofcherries Sat 24-Oct-15 09:47:54

Have 24 hours in Paris in a couple of weeks staying in 6th arrondissement. Looking to do Bon Marche etc but really want a pair of lovely boots - I know Paris is full of shoe shops but would love any recommendations to help me maximise my time as it is such a fleeting trip.

Kennington Sat 24-Oct-15 10:39:06

Minelli is great and reasonably priced. They have them all over
Rue de rivoli near hotel de ville

Rattitude Sun 25-Oct-15 17:27:51

There are quite a few shoe shops on rue St-Placide which links Le Bon Marche to rue de Rennes. It might also be worth checking Rue de Rennes too.

Rattitude Sun 25-Oct-15 17:30:13

Re. Minelli, I once got bitten... I bought a lovely pair of shoes and the heels fell apart and started curling up as soon as I wore them in the rain.

They eventually replaced the heels but the new ones are rubber and do not look as good as the original ones did.

So, I would recommend that you carefully examine the quality of the workmanship of any shoes you buy there.

Branleuse Sun 25-Oct-15 17:32:24

be warned, France is really expensive for shoes.

Twinklestein Sun 25-Oct-15 19:32:06

Robert Clergerie - one of my favs but v expensive - is 5 rue du Cherche-Midi. There's a good one next to it called Orcel & one across the road called Traffic Jam (not so good) & next to that - Atelier Mercadal - which is good for boots but has weird Eurotrash courts.

A bit further along is JB Martin - which is really good value - does good boots if you have slim legs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now