Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to style my hair with this dress?

(9 Posts)
CakeNinja Fri 23-Oct-15 19:55:46

I am aware this seems like the most ridiculous problem, but anyway...

I'm wearing this dress tomorrow evening, getting my hair done in the morning. It's quite thick, 2 inches below bra strap length, dark brown with some highlights and I have a heavy fringe.
Usually I'd just straighten it but it feels like a waste of a cut and style appointment (no colour tomorrow) as it's what I would do myself!
So any inspiration to suggest to my hairdresser?

ENtertainmentAppreciated Fri 23-Oct-15 20:00:11

Some sort of loose twist? would make a change if you don't mind your hair off your face.

Depends on what kind of event you're going to as well I suppose.

CakeNinja Fri 23-Oct-15 20:17:20

It's normally always scraped off my face unless I'm going out for the evening!
Can't face the straightening time often!
ill investigate loose twists, thanks.

ENtertainmentAppreciated Fri 23-Oct-15 21:17:19

Well, it's really hard to suggest without a photo or more detail but if you have any pictures you like, take them and also ask the stylist for some ideas to 'dress' your hair rather than just doing the usual.

A soft wave with your hair loose might be a nice change too, but really it's more about how your hair makes you feel I think. You need to look in the mirror and smile because it makes you feel good.

Have a nice day and if you don't feel quite right after your hair's finished then point out what you don't like and see how it can be sorted out.

CakeNinja Fri 23-Oct-15 21:48:18

Yes I take your point!
I'm not sure why I made the appointment really, now I feel under pressure to have something different to justify the frivolity as it doesn't even need a cut!
We are going up the shard for cocktails and then out to dinner, so thought should make an effort!

ENtertainmentAppreciated Fri 23-Oct-15 22:29:45

That should be wonderful. Just instruct your stylist to make you look fabulous smile Sometimes even a very subtle trim or change of balance but the same basic shape, will make a big difference.

Have a great time.

WaggleBee Sat 24-Oct-15 03:08:38

Get a loose wave put in. That way it's not really different so you're uncomfortable but different enough to feel special. Thick hair looks good with a loose curl or a wave in it.

It's a gorgeous dress btw. Have a great night. wine

CakeNinja Sun 25-Oct-15 16:34:24

Thanks, she did me a lovely loose curl and I had a shower with the hotel shower cap on this morning (locked the door so dp didn't catch me!) so it's still looking nice now smile
Think I'm going to learn how to curl it myself. It's naturally really wavy and quite out of control but she curled it round straighteners so it was all smooth as swishy.

ENtertainmentAppreciated Sun 25-Oct-15 17:42:31

I got some good advice a long time ago that it's better to enhance your hair's natural assets than to be constantly fighting against them.
You could find out about products that smooth any out of control problem but still allow you to dry and curl your hair where you want to.

I find my hair much easier to cope with since I bought a really good hairdryer.

Glad you felt good and hope you had a great weekend smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now