Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Does anyone have the Ciate geltox lamp, is it any good?

(3 Posts)
trixymalixy Fri 23-Oct-15 13:28:26

Just bought the starter set in tkmaxx for £29.99 but not sure if I'd be better with a normal gel nails lamp kit.

Any reviews? Can you use other gel nail varnishes with it?

AncoraAmarena Fri 23-Oct-15 14:24:09

I bought it the other week and used it for the first time last weekend.

You can use any nail varnish with it (well you have to, it doesn't come with any!) and it's the top coat that you use under the UV light.

It's not a quick process - you have to wait 30 mins for your polish to dry - but it's bloody brilliant. My manicure has lasted a week with a bit of wear at the fingertips. I did it quite haphazardly though as my first attempt and I am very very hard on my nails so I am really pleased with it. I love the fact that I can use all my current nail polishes so am not limited to a particular brand or colours. You just need to follow the instructions to the letter and it's great!

trixymalixy Fri 23-Oct-15 14:51:42

Thanks. Being able to use my current nail varnish with it is one of the things that appealed to me about it.

At the moment what's putting me off is the cost of replacing the top coat. It's £30!!

If I could use other gel nail varnish with the lamp after the top coat has run out then it would definitely be a keeper.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: