Best ever hairdryer?

(54 Posts)
chumbler Thu 22-Oct-15 15:57:19

Can anyone recommend? I've had the same one for 10 years and would love a new one! Hoping to cut drying time mainly. Any one got an amazing one???

Walkingonsunshine00 Thu 22-Oct-15 16:19:23

Tresseme power dryer 5542DU dries DD's thick curly hair in about 10 minutes! On Amazon for about £20 I think! smile

chumbler Thu 22-Oct-15 17:25:25

Ooh thanks!

I was tempted by the ghd dryer but it's £90 and some people saying it doesn't last long!

squoosh Thu 22-Oct-15 17:31:47

The Diva hairdryers are meant to be as good as a Parlux but a hell of a lot cheaper.

Madbengalmum Thu 22-Oct-15 17:33:09

Love my Parlux

chumbler Thu 22-Oct-15 19:16:53

Ooh ive never heard of parlux, are they the rolls Royce of hairdryers?

chumbler Thu 22-Oct-15 19:17:33

My current one is a Nicky Clarke special! ;)

BushyTailedPony Thu 22-Oct-15 19:19:23

I love my parlux one. Think it was about £70 but has lasted for years. To dry hair as well as create 'white noise' for ages so the baby would nap!! Think loads of hairdressers use them which must be a good sign.

Pancakeflipper Thu 22-Oct-15 19:20:19

I got a parlux following asking on here.

I love it.
I have big wavy/curly hair that can get dry and straw like. But now it's pretty shiny.
After using it for a few weeks my hairdresser commented on how my hair was less dryer.

Pancakeflipper Thu 22-Oct-15 19:21:18

Drier... not dryer. Arghhh

Nearlyadoctor Thu 22-Oct-15 19:21:57

Diva are fantastic had mine about 8 years when I dropped it onto a tiled floor, bought a GHD As a replacement thinking it was superior, but very unimpressed by comparison and took it back to John Lewis and bought another Diva from the local hair supplies.

wearymum73 Thu 22-Oct-15 19:23:59

I have a ghd hairdryer, very powerful, though not used lots as I have curly hair!

biscuitkumquat Thu 22-Oct-15 19:29:45

I got a Parlux after reading threads on here.

I have really thick long hair & use the Babylis Big Hair to finish my style off, but use the Parlux to dry to 90%. It's so quick. Well worth the money.

chumbler Thu 22-Oct-15 19:42:16

Hmmm I'm tempted by parlux... Big part of me thinks you have to spend to get results...!

Madbengalmum Thu 22-Oct-15 20:33:35

Parlux is the way to go, itis the only dryer i havent killed because of my long hair.

gonegrey56 Thu 22-Oct-15 21:24:12

Parlux - just brilliant .Has transformed my hair. I have the Parlux 385 Compact light. I highly recommend it.

leccybill Thu 22-Oct-15 21:49:17

Yes yes yes to Parlux. Had mine 7 years and it's still as good as new. Dries and styles my thicker than thick wirey hair in ten minutes. I love it.

chumbler Fri 23-Oct-15 10:04:24

Ok I'm going to do it!

Please indulge me! It will be better than my Nicky Clarke right??? It's 7 years old - just looked up the model! Did you notice a big difference from your old dryer? Sorry just trying to justify the price as my Nicky Clarke works just fine!

Pancakeflipper Fri 23-Oct-15 10:43:46

It will be worth it.

I constantly had bad hair days. Rarely happens now.

When away a few weekends ago I was fuming at the hotel hairdryer cos it took ages to dry my hair and didn't leave it squishy and gorgeous. And it doesn't dry it out. A big layout but worth it.

leccybill Fri 23-Oct-15 10:46:34

Absolutely up there with the best investments you'll ever make. Always worth shelling out for decent tools of the trade.
Investing in good straighteners, hairdryer and tweezers has saved me from the mad professor look and for that, I am grateful!

Pancakeflipper Fri 23-Oct-15 10:53:17

Swishy not squishy...

chumbler Fri 23-Oct-15 11:47:56

Ok I'm persuaded! Hah yes definitely agree *leccybill" I've never regretted my ghds. Is there a big difference in tweezers?? How so? Mine take out the hairs...? (Trying not to be too tempted to buy top knotch tweezers too..!)

ShakespearesSister01 Fri 23-Oct-15 21:04:00

I have the GHD Aura hairdryer - it cost £140 - there is a 'cheaper' Air which is about £90. I have to say - it was bought in a whim (with some money I won) and it is an amazing hairdryer - but my hair is fine and fairly straight but the condition is so much better and my hairdresser has noticed too.

BernardsBum Fri 23-Oct-15 21:14:09

I'm a bit meh about my parlux. Bought it after reading loads of recommendations here, & I'm disappointed. Expected it to be super fantastic, whereas it's quite heavy & quite noisy, & doesn't make my hair look better than other hairdryers (had a Clairol ionic thing before). Expect it will last forever though.

leccybill Fri 23-Oct-15 21:36:34

chumbler Had a couple of crappy Boots ones then bought Tweezerman and found them to be loads better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now