Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Too big for kids clothes, too small for adult

(10 Posts)
Stompylongnose Thu 22-Oct-15 11:47:37

My 14 and 12 year olds are at that stage where they are too tall for children's clothes and too slim for adult clothes bottoms.

The 14 year old (boy) is 5 foot 8 and the 12 year old (girl) is about 5 foot 5.

Where can I buy clothes for this stage? Am I limited to H&M and New Look?

Gingefringe Thu 22-Oct-15 12:38:42

Next Directory have a good selection. They do clothes up to 16 years online which aren't generally available in the shops.
Hollister also seem to cater for youths but they are quite expensive and the quality sometimes not great.

marialuisa Thu 22-Oct-15 13:15:46

Would the 12 year old really not fit in stuff from Topshop, Hollister etc?

Branleuse Thu 22-Oct-15 13:17:18

tbf h&m and new look both have a lot of stuff.

Johnnie B at Boden?

madmotherof2 Thu 22-Oct-15 13:18:35

I obviously don't know how slim your DS is but my nearly 12 year old, 5ft 4in Son fits into the slim fit jeans at New look ( mens dept obviously!!)

momb Thu 22-Oct-15 13:19:36

12 YO will still fit the age13/14 stuff from kids shops.
14YO DS will need to look =for slimmer brands/cheaper (skimpier cuts) shops perhaps for a while as he's at an in-between stage.
My ED is in superdry shirts at the moment as they are the only thing slim enough which is thick enough for the weather. We only found those through trial and error.

YouMakeMyDreams Thu 22-Oct-15 13:23:12

Dd is just past that stage it was a bit of a nightmare. The 13-14 was just a touch on the neat side and ladies was totally the wrong shape even the tiny sizes.
Matallan do a teenage range up to age 16 got a few bits out of there too some tesco 13-14 still fitted but we were pretty limited to h&m and new look too.

hugoagogo Thu 22-Oct-15 17:46:04

M&s go up to age 16, as do Debenhams, although only online I think. And gap.

It is really difficult at that age especially for boys- girls can often wear small ladies sizes, but of course you are paying adult prices.angry

Toffeelatteplease Thu 22-Oct-15 18:05:26

Primark is alright for jeans and the odd top

PennyPants Thu 22-Oct-15 19:37:45

DS 15 slim and similar height to your DS wears a lot of Topman and Superdry. He often gets things in the sale.
That phase didn't last too long with DD, she wore River Island kids and some New Look size 6 at that age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now