Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Redken, Phyto, Aveda...

(6 Posts)
MoriartyIsMyAngel Wed 21-Oct-15 23:14:35

Are the more expensive haircare brands worth the money? I have dry hair and a dry scalp, and am wondering whether I should stop buying whichever shampoo is on offer at the supermarket and try one of the high end brands. Are they gentler?

IsaBisaBuildsaBoat Thu 22-Oct-15 16:12:00

I'm wondering this. I've gone silicon and SLS free which has helped my hair but it still looks a bit dry and fluffy. Coconut oil helps (I just stick a tiny bit on my hands and rub it through) but I'm wondering if I should upgrade my shampoo and conditioner.

Madbengalmum Thu 22-Oct-15 16:34:31

I love Kerastase and find it very cleansing yet gentle.

MoriartyIsMyAngel Thu 22-Oct-15 17:03:45

Well I've ordered a Redken and a Phyto set from Feel Unique, so will report back!

I got good results from almond oil as a treatment, but then after washing it goes back to feeling dry. I do suspect it might be sulphates? (That said, I didn't bother to check the ingredients of the ones I just ordered, better do that now.)

LondonHuffyPuffy Thu 22-Oct-15 17:34:24

I've been using the Redken sulphate free shampoo for blonde hair recently and loving it. My hair is much softer and more manageable

BlackGirlAndRobin Thu 22-Oct-15 17:40:22

I'm using phyto and really like it. I've also used kerastase in the past which I found good too. How often do you wash your hair Moriarty? Because I found the less I washed my hair the better it felt in terms of dryness, my scalp too. And avoid SLS and silicones like the plague.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now