Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Styling the lady garden for the first time ever!

(10 Posts)
Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Wed 21-Oct-15 15:40:21

Ok so I have never trimmed / waxed / shaved my pubic hair. I fancy a change BUT don't know where to start. I am totally scared of pain, can't face showing all to a complete stranger and not very flexible!!!!!

What style and method do you suggest. Any good how to websites so that I don't make any rookie errors?

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 21-Oct-15 15:53:11

For a very low key start why not just tidy up a bit by having a general trim. Just get a pair of scissors and trim to a generous finger width long.

Then once things are a bit tiddier shave the edges to create a tidy slightly smaller but still natural shape and get rid of any straglers. I'd recommend doing this in the shower/ at the end of a bath so you minimise any shave rash.

From this point you can then experiment over time with further intervention.

Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Wed 21-Oct-15 15:58:19

If you shave a bit - do you need shaving foam?

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 21-Oct-15 16:05:18

I don't use it. I just use soap like when I do my legs.

I've moved onto an IPL zapper thing now so minimal regrowth in the previous shaved areas but i'd suggest working out what works for you first.

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 21-Oct-15 16:06:02

The first time I did it I used a shaving foam (I think a special "ladies" un-perfumed one) and a good deal of trepidation.

A few years down the line I just use soap in the shower and get the whole thing done quickly.

BrendaandEddie Wed 21-Oct-15 16:32:16

oh fgs OP

try google or archived threads - WEBSITES?

73dexter Wed 21-Oct-15 17:00:07

Instructions!

carrie74 Wed 21-Oct-15 20:02:29

[snort] at the possibilities of what googling lady gardens would bring up...

73dexter Wed 21-Oct-15 20:09:42

I have safe search on my computer so it only brings up pretty tame stuff!

vindscreenviper Wed 21-Oct-15 21:42:47

I also have parental controls set so tight that I'd be luckly to get pictures of Gertrude Jeckyll's shrubbery if I googled lady garden.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: