Talk

Advanced search

statement necklace for a v neck dress

(4 Posts)
Autumn2014 Wed 21-Oct-15 11:25:55

I'm going to a black tie event. I have a full length plain black dress with a v neck. It's a Grecian style with ruched bust line leading up to wide straps. It has a black sequin band under the bust. I also have a fabulous black sequin jacket as a cover up. My shoes will also be black, or maybe black with gold heels. I'm taking some flat black sparkly ballet flats to change into as the evening progresses- I'll be 20 weeks pregnant!
I don't know whether to get something colourful, or if that would look a bit odd in isolation with the all black, something sparkly, or if the neckline is busy so to keep it simple. I've done a search and the dress is a bit like this but without the side split.
and this is the jacket.

www.asos.com/ASOS-Curve/ASOS-CURVE-Grecian-Maxi-Dress-With-Sequin-Band/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3007071
direct.asda.com/george/womens/coats-jackets/sequin-jacket/GEM385936,default,pd.html
I've found a link to the actual dress!
www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+black-maternity-maxi-dress+B4778
thanks in advance

Pantsalive Wed 21-Oct-15 12:23:31

If you're going for the shoes with gold heels, how about something like this V-shaped torque?

Pantsalive Wed 21-Oct-15 12:29:09

Or this one looks good, although it says chrome but looks gold:
necklace&ref=sr_gallery_13 etsy

Autumn2014 Wed 21-Oct-15 12:46:51

thanks for the suggestions. they look lovely but I'm not sure I like the hard rigid type necklaces.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now