Talk

Advanced search

Dungarees

(9 Posts)
nilbyname Wed 21-Oct-15 09:49:52

Yes, I think I'm going to succumb- but what footwear?

I was thinking black denim, work with a pretty blouse under or a very plain l/s top- but I have no clue with shoes?! Ankle boots? Brogues? Nikes?
Help me.

nilbyname Wed 21-Oct-15 09:51:21

With a... Not work a.

I'm 5'4, size 8 and not quite 40. I think I can get away with it!

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 21-Oct-15 11:27:08

I have the black Whistles ones and wore them loads over summer with stripy tops underneath, bare feet and either black brogues or white Supergas. I don't find they look as good with boots, to be honest. I've worn mine a few times with Chelsea boots and not having the break between fabric/feet doesn't seem to work brilliantly, on me, at least. (I think brogues with lacy/fishnet ankle-high things would be a better bet, but my brogues are not really up to cold/rain as one pair is suede and the other has cut-outs.)

YetAnotherUserName Wed 21-Oct-15 11:50:29

I have Topshop black denim ones (I'm even shorter than you OP, and larger and I am 40! But I don't care grin)

I wear mine with Vans or metallic brogues. Wore them in the summer with chunky high heeled sandals.

mayum1 Wed 21-Oct-15 12:09:49

All these talk (not in this thread) about how oldies and fatties shouldn't wear dungarees is making me want one. lol.

I'm apple-shape though. Maybe I need something with a boyfriend-style leg.

nilbyname Wed 21-Oct-15 13:03:10

Thanks- i tend to cuff my jeans so i have a leetle bit of ankle skin on show so maybe can do the same with dungarees?

I feel like I'm letting the side down- and I do think we should wear what we like- but u don't want to be a la mutton!

mayum1 Wed 21-Oct-15 13:08:56

Shoes - something like Adidas Superstar/Stan Smith would be cute with the dungarees

specialsubject Wed 21-Oct-15 13:13:45

no age or weight limit, but by god they look awful with the fugly heels on the model.

I would also think clothes underneath, as otherwise it is a total strip to go to the toilet.

nilbyname Wed 21-Oct-15 13:53:27

special what do you mean clothes under??blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now