Talk

Advanced search

Non Shimmer Eye-shadow for Crepey Eyelids

(6 Posts)
CrepeDeChineWag Tue 20-Oct-15 13:44:42

Can anyone recommend an Eye-shadow for crepey old eyelids? I read somewhere (here?) that eyeshadows with shimmer accentuate the problem and that I need matte. Do I? and if not that what?

Creaselines/puckery bits appear immediately after applying eye-shadow along the lashline from the centre to the inner eye. Brand doesn't seem to make a difference MUA/Mac results in the same effect. I have just bought an eye primer and whilst the crepeyness is less it is still there.

I need guidance as I have no idea what the effing difference is between a shimmer and a matte ....they all look the same to me!

piechuck Tue 20-Oct-15 13:49:32

Look at Urban Decay, they have lots of matt colours and a special old-persons eye shadow primer that changed my world!

CrepeDeChineWag Tue 20-Oct-15 13:55:53

Thank you piechuck

I'm afraid I have neglected my makeup bag for years so am clueless.

My eye with primer and a body shop eye-shadow. Not terrible but can you see the 'scale' effect?

thriftychicken Tue 20-Oct-15 19:35:37

i have the same issue and dont have a clue either so watching with interest . old persons primer sounds good !

NattyGolfJerkin Tue 20-Oct-15 19:40:20

I find primer potion (urban decay's eye primer) to be too drying, it accentuates the crepe. The Nars one is moisturising without being slippy

leakyR Tue 20-Oct-15 20:35:34

Bobbi brown do some excellent matte shadows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now