Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

'duvet' coat

(9 Posts)
rosielea Mon 19-Oct-15 20:48:40

I'm after a really warm coat that doesn't look too much as though I've just rolled out of bed and taken my covers with me. The two that I've seen that fit the bill so far are
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Coats-Jackets/Coats/WE514/Womens-Windermere-Coat.html
and
www.johnlewis.com/mango-quilted-long-coat/p2231349?selectedSize=L&colour=Khaki
Does anyone have one of these or have suggestions of something similar or better? Thanks

Meandyouandyouandme Mon 19-Oct-15 20:56:09

Sorry can't do a link on my phone, but I have the Ladna Trespass coat in black. I've had it for the last two winters and I've worn it loads to walk my dog, and watch the DC playing sports. It's really warm and I think it looks ok, not too duvet like, and is a good price. I'm thinking about getting the purple one as well.

LemonRedwood Mon 19-Oct-15 21:00:36

Another vote for the trespass one. It's like a big sleeping bag but with a waist to it as well. Brilliant for watching the rugby in the freezing cold.

Sgoinneal Mon 19-Oct-15 21:02:52

I got a merrell coat a couple of years back and I love it. Roasting warm and nothing duvet about it.

Meandyouandyouandme Mon 19-Oct-15 21:03:42

Snap Lemon, gets you through many hours spent on the touch line! I don't wear the fur trim though, you can zip that off if you don't like it.

CruCru Mon 19-Oct-15 22:13:52

Have you tried Landsend? They have lots of this sort of thing and are a bit cheaper than Boden I think.

herecomesthsun Mon 19-Oct-15 22:23:08

Another ladna trespass fan (in purple)

Lucked Mon 19-Oct-15 23:32:57

I have been planning on getting the Boden one in blue. I don't like the mango colours but even allowing for colour I think the Boden one is nicer

Nearlyadoctor Tue 20-Oct-15 13:24:55

I really like Boden one - Jack Wolfskin also have a similar design one this year. I saw it instore but I'm afraid I cant remember the name.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: