Talk

Advanced search

Bra gurus can you help?

(8 Posts)
TaliZorah Mon 19-Oct-15 20:18:51

I'm wanting some new bras. I was a 28G before I had DS. Grew slightly but not much during pregnancy, they went massive when I was breastfeeding, no idea what size as I didn't do it for long. I went for a fitting at John Lewises. Closest fit was a 30G but it was just slightly too tight on one boob (really slight) and the back was loose. They didn't have any 28s but the lady recommended a 28GG or 28H.

I'm not sure which size to order. I measure 28.5 underneath and 38 around the boobs. I don't want to order two sizes if I can help it

marriednotdead Mon 19-Oct-15 20:44:15

Which bra style/brand did you wear before? Does the shape of it still seem right, even if the cups are a bit small?

TaliZorah Mon 19-Oct-15 21:10:46

Unpadded ones. Bravissimo brand, panache cleo and Freya. This one was a Freya, the shape looked nice but I couldn't get the lift I wanted which I was told was due to the back being a bit too big

Measurements suggest a 28GG but that would be the same cup as a 30G. TBH, you probably should order the GG and H as it's often hard to tell until you try two sizes which is the best. Freya are generally on the looser side so at 28.5 you probably do need the 28.

TaliZorah Mon 19-Oct-15 21:20:08

Thanks smile I might have to order both then! I'm wearing a 30G at the moment but it's old so I'm not sure how much I should rely on that for sizing!

TaliZorah Tue 20-Oct-15 11:43:01

I tried on another old bra that was a 30GG on the tightest hook and the back is fine but I'm getting insane quad boob. So that means I'd need a 28HH?! Even though I measure as a 28GG? Really confused now as 28HH sounds massive and I don't think they're that big...

What brand is the 30gg? Could be a mis sized but I'd add the hh to your order too

TaliZorah Tue 20-Oct-15 15:44:46

It's an Ewa Michalak Statistically. I think I'll go to Bravissimo, it's an hour away but it'll be easier than ordering loads of bras

Thanks for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now