Talk

Advanced search

Are Dr Martens patent shoes too blokey?

(8 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Mon 19-Oct-15 10:57:59

I like the black patent 1461 shoes, but I'm anxious of looking a bit manly in them. I plan on wearing with skinnies or ankle grazer trousers, or with dresses. I am not super skinny, just average and wonder if they would just look heavy and clumpy rather than timeless. I like comfy long lasting shoes though!

What do you think?

1461s

Cheesybaps Mon 19-Oct-15 11:15:46

I have them, I love them! Bloody painful to break in though grin

Knackeredknitter67 Mon 19-Oct-15 12:21:55

I wear the non-patent ones, and don't think they look blokey. Patent ones are definitely more girly.

keeponkeepinon Mon 19-Oct-15 12:53:15

Can't decide what to do with these ones I ordered. Keep or not. Did you size down in them? I read you shouldsize down and while it fits in the length, its tight over the top of the foot. I don't know whether to exchange for next size up (my usual size) or just send them back. I don't want them too long in the foot but still tight over the top!

JasperDamerel Mon 19-Oct-15 12:55:43

I love them. I like the Henrietta shoes for looking a bit more feminine but still being comfy.

Knackeredknitter67 Mon 19-Oct-15 13:01:41

If they are unisex then size down, the women's ones usually fit true to size

SpaggyBollocks Mon 19-Oct-15 13:04:12

I love them but my massive feet rule them out for me. wear them with reckless abandon for me!

ItGoesWithoutSaying Mon 19-Oct-15 13:56:55

I have them. I wear them a lot - but mainly with tights rather than trousers / jeans.

I find them true to size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now