Talk

Advanced search

Running outfit

(11 Posts)
KitZacJak Mon 19-Oct-15 10:55:27

What do you all wear when you go running?

I am planning on running (optimistic choice of word!) straight after school drop off in the morning for about half an hour 2-3 times a week. I would like to wear something that I feel comfortable wearing when at school. Does anyone know of a good sweatshirts/ or running jackets suitable that would cover my bum. I would probably end up taking it off when I get hot so wouldn't want it to be too bulky. Most of the stuff I see seems to not be long enough.

Naicecuppatea Mon 19-Oct-15 11:05:51

I got some tops online from the Reebok site which are a lovely length here. I team this with a light jacket (old Adidas one) and some running tights (also Adidas but plan to get some from Reebok next as much better price). I wear all this to school and go for a run straight after drop-off. When I get hot I tie the jacket round my waist - probably looks awful but nothing for it!

KitZacJak Mon 19-Oct-15 11:15:37

Thanks for that, I am thinking of running tights as well as I only have cropped leggings at the moment. Will have a look at the reebok and adidas ones. Have got some tops similar to yours but was hoping to find something longer to go on top.

AvonleaAnne Mon 19-Oct-15 12:48:13

I mostly wear running tights with running dresses over the top as I am 5'9" and most tops are too short. I hate going on the school run in my running tights and a normal top. I feel like a bit of a prat - especially given how slow I run.

This is my favourite running dress but it is hard to find one to buy. It is the Nike Dri Fit dress - if you find one buy it! It is so flattering. I would buy more in other colours if I could find them. There are lots of running dresses and tunics around. Sweaty Betty has a nice one called the Pace setter tunic but it is very expensive.

i just wear a normal length jacket over the top.

Pixi2 Mon 19-Oct-15 13:00:27

I do a cross country run three times a week after the morning school run. I wear trainers, sports top, long length vest top (H&m) exercise bottoms (they're v old. I have 3 pairs), fit like leggings but flare into a bootcut on the bottom, and DH's hoody which covers nearly everything.

carrie74 Mon 19-Oct-15 13:11:14

I exercise 3 times a week, and my most recent purchases have been from Gap Fit, I'm really impressed with the range and prices are great when they're doing one of their VIP 30/40% off promotions.

I have a great stretchy charcoal jacket from them which I wear when going to/from school, not too heavy (can tie round waist if get hot when running). Also good for warm ups/cool downs. I also have a selection of vest tops and and also LS tops for running according to weather. When it's properly cold, I tend to wear a vest + LS top + jacket and gloves.

Other than Gap, I've liked Ronhill. I only had one pair of Nike leggings, and they were the worst quality of anything I owned. And they gave me camel toe.

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Mon 19-Oct-15 13:14:48

I have Nike running tights, and at this time of year I have a Puma running hoody that covers my (rather large) bum. I go to school like that twice a week.

Waxlyrically Mon 19-Oct-15 20:12:21

I tend to wear running tights with shorts or a skort thing over the top and a light weight jacket. Gives maximum bum coverage. I find it really annoying that women's sportswear is always so fitted -regular excercise is hard enough without worrying about VPL and the dreaded camel toe!!

anothernumberone Mon 19-Oct-15 20:17:32

I wear running gear from primark. I run 4 times + per week and do a couple more exercise classes so I need tonnes. I find it great. More people have seen my vpl, camel toe and sqiggy belly than I care to imagine but they are very comfy and I love exercise so I don't care

KitZacJak Tue 20-Oct-15 12:13:32

Thanks for all the ideas. I think I will either buy a long running vest or a long sweatshirt if I can fine one, along with some running tights. Long vest might be best as I will take off the sweatshirt at some stage (but well away from the school!).

emsyj Tue 20-Oct-15 17:03:26

I have a ton of the cheapo Karrimor stuff from Sports Direct - the long running pants have a zip pocket at the back that's big enough to fit my ipod which is my main reason for choosing them. I've got a few pairs of Nike capri pants but they require me to wear one of those arm bands for the essential ipod and they always rub. On top I wear a short sleeved Karrimor top or a sleeveless Nike vest in summer and a long sleeved Karrimor top in winter. I'm contemplating getting a gilet for when it gets really cold.
I go to school in this garb with no shame, I couldn't care less. I do draw my eyebrows on though, I look very strange otherwise! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now