Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Graduating uni while pregnant - what would/did you wear?

(4 Posts)
MoreChilliPlease Sun 18-Oct-15 16:51:51

Help me, MNers! I'm completely stuck as to what I should wear to my graduation in two weeks. I'll be 20 weeks pregnant by then and want something which will look classy enough without looking like I'm trying to downplay the bump, if that makes sense?

I basically don't want to look as though I'm trying to hide my pregnancy but I don't want to look out of place either. My uni is a bit pretentious, so I know a lot of the other women will be dressed to the nines but it isn't somewhere that I'd expect everybody to follow the traditional white shirt and black skirt tradition either. Have been searching for ages around shops and have found absolutely nothing that seems to tick the boxes. What would you wear?

Murloc Sun 18-Oct-15 17:06:29

I've got this for mine this month, but in black:

www.isabellaoliver.com/uk/shop/occasions/maternity-work-clothes/ivybridge-maternity-dress-carmine-red.htm

Nude heels and maternity tights (ugh) and hopefully I'll look smart enough!

Congrats on your graduation.

PlymouthMaid1 Sun 18-Oct-15 17:12:19

The silly bat gown will cover most of your clothes anyway I should think. I do remember mine pulling my dress way out of shape where it was pinned at the shoulder so maybe choose something kind of sturdy.

MoreChilliPlease Sun 18-Oct-15 23:05:29

Thank you both! I had actually read about the dreaded broach pins situation PlymouthMaid, apparently the done thing is to wear a button-up shirt so as to avoid it happening but I seriously doubt anybody else from my faculty would do the same and I'd inevitably end up the random weirdo dressed for a job interview while everybody else sashays around in their best...

That dress is lovely Murloc! I'm really drawn to the red one but the black is also stunning (and probably a lot more practical). Hope yours goes well; I'm sure you'll look lovely. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now