Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

sequinned for a wedding

(10 Posts)
PantryofWhoGivesAFuck Sat 17-Oct-15 21:29:04

I have a potential wedding guest dress - emerald ish green with a jacket sequinned - not all over, but noticeable!

Does that sound ok for both day and night? wedding in two weeks?

RockinHippy Sun 18-Oct-15 03:50:46

Imho, probably not, but more so because of the colour - green is traditionally seen as bad luck to wear to a wedding. Otherwise it would really depend on the type of wedding it is

zippyswife Sun 18-Oct-15 09:43:12

More often than not I wear green to a wedding as it suits me. I have never heard it was bad luck.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 18-Oct-15 09:48:49

I thought green was only unlucky for the bride to wear, ie, married in green ashamed to be seen.

I reckon green and some sequins is fine for a late autumn/early winter wedding.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 18-Oct-15 09:52:12

I've worn green for a wedding before- I think it is only bad luck for bride.

Blueturquoise Sun 18-Oct-15 09:53:41

Sounds fine and I wouldn't pay any notice to silly colour superstitions smile

cookielove Sun 18-Oct-15 09:55:30

I have never heard of green being unlucky confused

It sounds lovely, have fun smile

PrimalLass Sun 18-Oct-15 10:00:26

green is traditionally seen as bad luck to wear to a wedding

Have never heard that - yet another rather daft wedding tradition. I would just wear it anyway.

AliciaMayEmory Sun 18-Oct-15 20:13:33

Sounds really nice! I love green. Was bridesmaid to a friend and we all wore green. Nothing bad happened!

burnishedsilver Sun 18-Oct-15 20:48:14

Sounds good to me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: