Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

which red lipstick would suit my dd please?

(11 Posts)
Gatekeeper Sat 17-Oct-15 14:37:55

she has light brown hair , very blue eyes, pale skin with pink cheeks and freckles

Thank you

GoofyIsACow Sat 17-Oct-15 14:40:38

How old is she?

Gatekeeper Sat 17-Oct-15 14:48:49

she is 28 13 but fancies red lipstick to go with the vintage dress I bought her a few weeks ago smile

GoofyIsACow Sat 17-Oct-15 14:51:30

Ah ok, it's hard to know, i still haven't managed to find a good red and I am the 'perfect' colouring for red lips! not perfect at all you understand grin

I think trying them is the only option...

thecapitalsunited Sat 17-Oct-15 15:03:52

If its a vintage look, try Mac Ruby Woo. It seems to suit most people and is a lovely old fashioned matte.

Annarose2014 Sat 17-Oct-15 15:22:32

If she's 13 you could start her on red tinted lip balms. A cheap way of trying reds out without scaring the horses.

Nivea have one, Maybelline Baby Lips have one and NYC have one. She can build them up as much or as little as she likes.

If she really wants a lipstick to feel grown up, then #17 have a Mirror Shine line - again cheap - that are sheer but there are about 5 different reds so she can have fun choosing the right one.

Walkingonsunshine00 Sat 17-Oct-15 16:13:20

Barry M lip paint

AnemonesCloser Sat 17-Oct-15 16:18:45

Topshop Rio Rio or Infrared for a slightly more gentle shade.

Hmmm - not sure I like the idea of a 13 year old in red lipstick, except for fancy dress tbh. However, if you/she must, the MUA one pound ones have a nice shade - it says it's coral, but it's actually a rather lovely bright red.

Carpaccio Sat 17-Oct-15 16:49:26

Mac Ruby Woo or Mac Russian Red.

A cheaper (but very nice) option is Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Standout.

As someone else said, a tinted balm would work too - and is less mature than an opaque red. Clinique Chubby Sticks are good, but again, there are cheaper alternatives.

Gatekeeper Sun 18-Oct-15 14:44:55

it's just for a special occasion- a lindy hop type thing otherwise she is a tinted lip balm kind of girl and I don't mind for this

Thank you all for the suggestions- think we will look at the sheer ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now