Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mascara recommendations?

(37 Posts)
Counttheshadows Sat 17-Oct-15 14:11:48

I'm fed up of buying mascaras, only to get home and use them and it still look like I'm not wearing any mascara!

I've recently had a baby, so most days I haven't got time for my usual routine of foundation, liquid eyeliner etc. Some days I just have time for a bit of mascara. As it might be all I'm able to put on, I'd like one that's quite dramatic (if that's the word?) as in, I want it to make my eyes 'pop', so that I don't look so tired basically!

Any recommendations would be appreciated smile

spankhurst Sat 17-Oct-15 14:14:33

Boots number 7 stayperfect. It will not shift until you remove it and gives a great look with 2 quick coats, as long as you're quick. ( i.e. apply both coats while it's still wet).

I also rate Clinique mascaras highly.

jellyjiggles Sat 17-Oct-15 15:34:13

Following! I tend to use maybeline Cats eyes but I haven't found the last one as good.

AnemonesCloser Sat 17-Oct-15 15:40:25

Max Factor Masterpiece.

fredandme123 Sat 17-Oct-15 15:43:38

If it's in budget go for LVL lash lift- then you won't need mascara for a month !

Khalessi Sat 17-Oct-15 15:54:36

I like Benefits They're Real. I got my last one from feel unique with a discount code.

Counttheshadows Sat 17-Oct-15 17:46:29

Is a lash lift something done in a salon? If so, I think something like that would be out of my budget with being on smp unfortunately sad

I have lots of Younique people and FL people on my FB, always giving the hard sell about their mascaras. Are they any good, or would I be better off with one off the high street?

AnemonesCloser Sat 17-Oct-15 17:49:40

LVL isn't cheap.

Ignore all that Younique crap. Personally I think mascara is one thing you don't need to splurge on for great results.

Max Factor and L'Oreal are the best.

Counttheshadows Sat 17-Oct-15 17:51:07

Thank you smile Think I'll take a trip to Boots tomorrow then and see how much the brands that have been recommended are, and go from there smile Thank you.

goodasitgets Sat 17-Oct-15 17:51:53

Seventeen HD falsifye. I'm mega fussy and have repurchased this three times

Candypops14 Sat 17-Oct-15 17:54:40

Benfit roller lash by fat the best iv found

Candypops14 Sat 17-Oct-15 17:55:04

By far not by fatconfused!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 17-Oct-15 22:26:19

I tried the Younqiue one as a friend was selling it and actually quite liked it. It was faffy though as you needed two bottles of stuff and had to do 3 coats. It was better than my benefit they're real. I still really like Lancôme Hypnose too :£")

superbfairywren Sun 18-Oct-15 08:05:17

I needed to buy all new makeup after having my DD when on SMP and I bought the green and pink Maybelline great lash mascara. I hadn't used it since I was about 15 but its bloody great, not clumpy and on me quite dramatic but not over the top. Most mascaras I've tried from YSL to Benefit have either looked like big spidery thick fakes or barely notice on me so I am really pleased with it and its so cheap. I also got they're chunky eyeliner and bought eye-shadow palettes and primer from MUA at superdrug, they're fab too. I needed an all new makeup lineup and barely spent 20quid on everything.

katienana Sun 18-Oct-15 08:08:33

I love Estee Lauder Sumptuous. You get length, thickness and no clumping. It makes me feel done when I don't have time for anything else (concealer blusher and mascara are my bare minimum).

Heyheyheygoodbye Sun 18-Oct-15 08:15:50

I love Benefit They're Real and Rollerlash, and Guerlain Maxi Lash. Not all together grin all fab. Maxi Lash softer and thicker, Rollerlash defined and long, They're Real the perfect all-rounder for volume and length.

HelenF35 Sun 18-Oct-15 08:18:11

Max factor masterpiece max is brilliant, actually any of the Mac factor mascaras are

sonata1 Sun 18-Oct-15 09:05:07

Max factor masterpiece max

123Jump Sun 18-Oct-15 09:07:48

I love Dior Iconic as it is the only mascara that I don't get 'drop down' with. I hate mascara dropping below my eyes.
But someone bought me Benefit Roller thingy and They're Real mascara recently, and I thought it was fab.

applecatchers36 Sun 18-Oct-15 09:08:36

Estée Lauder zero smudge double wear is great long lasting mascara

RalphSteadmansEye Sun 18-Oct-15 10:33:19

I like most mascaras by Max Factor and some Avon ones are fab but my favourite sub £10 one is L'Oréal Manga Eyes (pink and silver packaging). I always come back to it. Makes eyelashes huge but in a completely natural way.

MrsMarigold Sun 18-Oct-15 10:46:46

Boots Stayperfect in the purple tube with the blue stipe.

QueenElsa Sun 18-Oct-15 11:53:18

Maybelline Lash Sensational! It's in a pinky purple tube, and quite new! It's a complete dupe of the Benefit Roller Lash and I swear by it!
I'm a make up artist, and I use all sorts of mascara but the Maybelline ones are in my opinion, the best!

DrawingRoomBlue Sun 18-Oct-15 12:01:42

I remember reading once that mascara is one thing you don't need to spend loads on. The 'drugstore' versions are just as good as the high end ones.
I have to agree that after trying my fair share of pricey mascaras I always go back to my Maybelline The Falsies or Great Lash for a really cheap but effective option.

DifferentCats Sun 18-Oct-15 14:31:38

L'Oréal Lash Architect!

Best mascara I've ever had. Previously, my best was Dior Iconic, but this £10 L'Oréal one barges it off the runway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now