Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Perfect jeans - can't believe it!

(34 Posts)
Marmaladybird Sat 17-Oct-15 07:34:38

To everyone that has recommended Levi's Demi Curve jeans - THANKYOUSOMUCH!

Usually have to buy a 14-16 and cope with huge flappy waistband. Bought a pair of Demi Curve skinnies with a 31" waist (not a huge difference but Levi's are usually very small on me) and it's like I've found the Holy Grail.

Amazing fit, no unflattering crotch tightness,fit my large bum and hips like a glove and the waist is not flappy (I do need a belt but next pair will be a 30". I bought these from Ebay to check if they were right for me before shelling out full price). Very happy indeed - can now wear normal tops with jeans instead of tops down to my knees to cover either excess material or muffin top. grin

chanie44 Sat 17-Oct-15 08:37:44

Well done.

chanie44 Sat 17-Oct-15 08:38:22

... I'm pleased you have a fab pair of jeans

Moonandstarsandback Sat 17-Oct-15 09:15:32

Oh wow this sounds fab. I struggle with that problem as I'm pear shaped. Small waist, big hips and thighs! Where does the waist sit on you?

Marmaladybird Sat 17-Oct-15 11:32:46

Around the top of my hips (below belly button). Nothing squidging out or over the top smile

LemonRedwood Sat 17-Oct-15 11:37:13

Levis were my saviour with the slight curve version as I have no waist to speak of. No longer have to look like I'm wearing saddle bags just because the waist fits!

Bunbaker Sat 17-Oct-15 11:37:17

They are great aren't they. I have a 12" difference between waist and hips and the demi curve fit me nicely. I would prefer it if the rise was a little higher as the waist cuts in across my belly and I have to keep hoiking them up.

LemonRedwood Sat 17-Oct-15 11:52:20

I'd like it more if they weren't quite so expensive though!

Marmaladybird Sat 17-Oct-15 11:58:01

They are! Levi's haven't been an option for me since I was a teenager, even then I had to buy 2 sizes up to fit. I like the lower rise but I know a lot of people don't. I find something that sits on my waist makes anything below look twice the size. I bought a big chunky leather Abercrombie & Fitch belt on sale and it keeps them in place nicely.

My other favourite Levi's item is a mens slim fit red tartan cowboy shirt with poppers (£60 brand new, £6 on ebay) - having a good month!

I didn't know the slight curve were for slim hips, I thought they were for if you only had a small big bum...

Marmaladybird Sat 17-Oct-15 11:59:03

Lemon, keep looking on Ebay (if you've no problem with second hand) you can get a real bargain. Mine were under £10 delivered.

southeastastra Sat 17-Oct-15 12:00:03

TK Maxx often have them, they're my favourite too

bigTillyMint Sat 17-Oct-15 12:07:20

Great! I am looking to get some next week - big thighs, smaller waist here too.

SorrelForbes Sat 17-Oct-15 13:08:21

I keep trying these but can't even get a 31 done up. I'm a 10/12 and usually wear a 28 in jeans. All pairs have been from an outlet store so maybe they're incorrectly sized. I might order some on line to try instead.

BikeRunSki Sat 17-Oct-15 13:10:48

This is very exciting. I am also a 14/16 and thought Levi's were out of reach for me.

Marmaladybird Sat 17-Oct-15 13:27:41

Sorrel, I think there are three levels of curve. Are you getting the slight curve ones maybe? The demi curve are the ones I have but there is another one with more curve - use this to find out which ones you need:

www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/women/fit-guides/curve-id-tool

whydoicare Sat 17-Oct-15 13:43:37

I'm a bit confused - I'm 5ft7 and a size 12 generall. My tummy is my main issue - always trying to hide the fat rolls especially when sitting down. Would any of these work for me???

Marmaladybird Sat 17-Oct-15 13:58:56

I'm not sure, whydoicare. I think they're for curvy bottoms and hips more than tummies but surely there must be someone who makes jeans with that in mind too? Maybe someone else knows? smile

whydoicare Sat 17-Oct-15 17:09:45

Ah well, the search goes on.

cheapskatemum Sat 17-Oct-15 17:10:57

I don't think so, whydoicare, but might be worth trying them on to see. I came on here to say, it's nice to be thanked! I suspect I might have been one of the people who recommended Levis Curve ID, Demi Curve jeans. I've been wearing Levis "Cut for Girls" since my teens and welcomed the 3 different types of Curve ID. I was in USA last year and they had some high waisted demi curve styles, so I expect they'll be making their way over here.

HermioneWeasley Sat 17-Oct-15 17:33:45

Peacocks straight keg jeans are brilliant for the pear shaped, and they're only £14!

Marmaladybird Sat 17-Oct-15 18:10:01

star for cheapskatemum - you are my hero!

I haven't had Peacocks jeans for a long while - last ones were years ago and they doubled in size whilst I was wearing them. Had to walk around holding them up. Glad to know they've improved though smile

BikeRunSki Sat 17-Oct-15 18:31:05

I am curvy 14 and love my fat face slim jeans. They hold in my 2 x csection tumm! I have 2 pairs and will probably get another. They also go over my chunky calves, although look more "skinny" than "slim".

LemonRedwood Sat 17-Oct-15 19:29:53

Good idea about eBay Marmalady. I don't know if they were originally meant for small bottoms , but as I don't really have a bum either they work perfectly. All the lumps and bumps are up top for me grin

KwikQ Sat 17-Oct-15 19:35:14

They're absolutely brilliant jeans, aren't they, OP?

I discovered them about 18 months ago and don't bother with anything else now. I'm a tall size 12 with skinny legs and a small waist, but a c-section overhang and sizeable bottom (painting a lovely picture there, aren't I? grin). They are SO flattering and brilliant quality - wash well, wear well etc.

I have the Demi Curve slim and straight leg jeans in a few different shades, and some Bold Curve skinnies which are fabulous for a bum and slight mum tum (sadly, they no longer do Bold Curve in the UK sad).

PosterEh Sat 17-Oct-15 19:36:37

whydoi fat face have a lot of trousers and jeans cut for apple shape.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: