Talk

Advanced search

Hairdresser tomorrow - what colour (pics)

(41 Posts)
HairySubject Fri 16-Oct-15 16:33:23

I am currently blonde which I am bored off so I am off to the hairdresser tomorrow. I can't decide between brown or a rich dark red, almost brown colour.
Help me decide please.
This is me.

MerdeAlor Fri 16-Oct-15 17:08:07

Do you know your colours? I think you can find colour questionnaires on line. That would give you an indication of what tones best suit your skin.

I think you'd suit a dark blonde / light brown.

HairySubject Fri 16-Oct-15 18:29:09

No idea of my colours, I will go online and have a look. I was thinking of a darker colour to save getting it done so often, I am naturally dark and the roots show really quickly on light hair.

Maugrim Fri 16-Oct-15 19:39:41

I think you suit the dark colour much better. Hope your appointment goes well

Yika Fri 16-Oct-15 19:42:15

Light brown with coppery tones. I actually think you suit the blonde.

Blodss Fri 16-Oct-15 20:41:49

I think you look better as a blond.

Indecisivejo Fri 16-Oct-15 22:07:28

Defo darker with copper tones would look gorgeous on you, not keen on blonde sorry.

HairySubject Fri 16-Oct-15 22:39:49

Thanks for the replies, I am far to indecisive to choose my own hair colour.

Indecisivejo Sat 17-Oct-15 07:01:38

Can we have a pic after hairdressers please? Go darker with some copper/red will really suit you and perfect for winter. Good luck

Imgivinguponyou Sat 17-Oct-15 07:08:18

I like you darker too.

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 17-Oct-15 07:09:04

Dark with copper would look lovely

GloriaHotcakes Sat 17-Oct-15 07:10:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HairySubject Sat 17-Oct-15 07:50:22

Thanks guys, darker with a red tone it is then grin I will certainly upload an after pic.

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Sat 17-Oct-15 07:52:41

Talk to your hairdresser carefully about which type of red suits you. I always hated red as ended up with warm coppery red which doesn't suit me. A couple of months ago I went for a "cool" red colour and it's a world of difference and suits me far more.

HairySubject Sat 17-Oct-15 08:09:31

Oh that's a good idea, the hairdresser should have a good idea.
I wish I knew if I was a warm or cool person!
If I wear mustard, teal, dusky pink and bright red over pastel shades would that make me was or cool?

Bodicea Sat 17-Oct-15 08:32:02

No idea about colours but you suit being blonde better. What about a caramel colour ala J-lo/ Jennifer Anniston

Dowser Sat 17-Oct-15 09:15:54

I would suggest some dark low lights just to break up the block of blonde colour. I always feel its better to do things in stages.

It will look quite natural as though you've have blonde highlights. As we go into winter and lose that summer glow your skin will look paler and going too dark all at once will be a shock to you system.

Remember why you went blonde in the first place.

I did it because I felt my hair was too dark for my pale skin and felt it dragged me down.

Just saying ;-)

HairySubject Sat 17-Oct-15 09:26:51

I never meant to go blonde, it just ender up that way after having highlights a few times over summer. I will probably do it again next year but I think a break from the bleach will do my hair good and I like a warm colour for autumn/winter.

I do get what you mean about it being a big shock though.

Indecisivejo Sat 17-Oct-15 10:34:05

Looking forward to pic smile

CreviceImp Sat 17-Oct-15 11:34:19

Ou are wearing warm and cool colours so I would go with a neutral mid chestnut brown. Around 5.3.

Dowser Sat 17-Oct-15 12:39:12

I had highlights at college by the students. They ran out of time as it was lunch break so the colour never processed properly ( and they let me go home like that....another story!)

Anyway, I was really upset about it and went back the next day. Thankfully the head tutor was in and took hold of the situation. He put in low lights and it looked fantastic. Best ever really.

It went from a funny chicken colour....the students words..to a lovely mix of blonde and warm brown.

HairySubject Sat 17-Oct-15 15:32:03

Well I am back! I am soooooo happy with my new colour but do feel free to be honest I have the skin of a rhino.

MerdeAlor Sat 17-Oct-15 15:36:18

Totally gorgeous colour. You look fantastic, you've found your colour.

HairySubject Sat 17-Oct-15 15:41:55

Thanks Merde I think this will see me through the autumn/winter. I love it.

GloriaHotcakes Sat 17-Oct-15 16:22:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now