Talk

Advanced search

COS website: don't they want us to like their clothes?

(16 Posts)
AlisonWunderland Wed 14-Oct-15 20:42:23

Saw a magazine photo spread including a couple of really nice understated pieces from Cos
http://www.cosstores.com/gb/Women
So I had a look on their website for more.
YIKES!

Their stuff is very unstructured and loose fitting , and I guess would flatter someone my size (14) who wants to skim some dodgy bits.
Everything is shown on size 8 to 10 models (not unusual) but they looked totally swamped by the clothes. There's nothing flattering about wearing something that looks 2 sizes too big. The pose of choice is a round shouldered slouch, and most outfits are styled with pug ugly shoes.

Came away totally uninspired and ordered nothing!

Is their stuff nice, cos (ho ho) it didn't look it?

Greengardenpixie Wed 14-Oct-15 20:46:06

I agree. I dont know why the like of whistles and cos and similar all show their models looking completely hiddeous in the clothes. I have gone on to the cos website and too have felt completely uninspired. Its really hard to visualise how i would look good in anything on that website.

Herhonesty Wed 14-Oct-15 20:46:16

ive been in to their stores countless times because my sister raves about them but never found anything at all appealing. however my sister manages to find nice stuff which looks good (but plain) but she is the type who does have bits that need to be skimmed...

poocatcherchampion Wed 14-Oct-15 20:56:36

Blimey. That is the drapiest pile of material I have ever seen!

niminypiminy Wed 14-Oct-15 21:07:59

I think their thing is 'not hung up about aiming to please' meets Tilda Swinton <swoon> with a directional/fashion edge. If you like fitted stuff there are plenty of other shops for you.

Plateofcrumbs Wed 14-Oct-15 21:13:00

I love Cos clothes but their website manages to make everything look hideously unflattering.

I did manage to wear many of my Cos dresses through most of my pregnancy though, which tells you something.

Plateofcrumbs Wed 14-Oct-15 21:16:11

I'd like to think that was my personal aesthetic niminy! grin

niminypiminy Wed 14-Oct-15 22:18:49

Yeah me too grin

pdxs Wed 14-Oct-15 22:42:51

I was in there last week. Nice quality clothes, but cut for the slender as not very form fitting

SuckingEggs Thu 15-Oct-15 14:53:34

Yes, Cos and Whistles use awful imagery. Really drab.

Narp Thu 15-Oct-15 16:48:08

Friend wears Cos and looks great. She's not like the models at all. I agree with you about the website

squoosh Thu 15-Oct-15 17:00:29

Cos make the kind of clothes I'd expect a 1970s Soviet architect to wear.

I'm more of a fitted gal.

squoosh Thu 15-Oct-15 17:00:45

I like Whistles though.

Plateofcrumbs Thu 15-Oct-15 22:31:02

I like the sound of 1970s Soviet architect chic.

SuckingEggs Thu 15-Oct-15 23:21:17

I love Whistles, but not the ads! So dour, the faces. Can't bear Cos clothes, they're too sack-like for me.

niminypiminy Fri 16-Oct-15 08:49:15

Soviet architect! I'm going to have to set up a Pinterest board called Soviet Architect. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now