Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Looking for a Single Breasted Smart coat in Grey or Camel - can anyone help?

(21 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Wed 14-Oct-15 01:42:58

Ideally like this one SJP wears in "I don't know how she does it"
So single breasted simple coat with one button fastening - simple yes?

But can I find it? Can I heck! It's the kind of coat Jigsaw, Hobbs and French Connection always had before, but obviously have nothing when I come to look...

Has anyone seen one?

Haveheart Wed 14-Oct-15 02:27:49

I've just bought this one m.zara.com/uk/en/woman/outerwear/coats/masculine-coat-c499001p3037010.html it's more fitted than it looks in the photo

divere Wed 14-Oct-15 07:31:19

Oh don't. I saw the perfect one of these in topshop, and did they have it in stock anywhere? Did they bugger. I eventually gave up finding one elsewhere and got a different coat in the end.

I think I saw one on the Uniqlo website that was similar-ish

divere Wed 14-Oct-15 07:33:49

This is the Uniqlo one, but it's got 3 buttons instead of one. (I didn't buy it so no idea what it's like in real life)

Dachshund Wed 14-Oct-15 07:34:56

store.huhmagazine.co.uk/2629/won-hundred-key-wool-coat-(tan)

This one is nice (on the pricey side though)

PontypineNumber9 Wed 14-Oct-15 07:54:31

I bought this one at the weekend. Doesn't look like much in the photos but in real life it's cut beautifully - mobile.jigsaw-online.com/products/grey-compact-wool-coat--11812

Chocolateteabag Wed 14-Oct-15 10:55:01

Ooh HaveHeart - that Zara one looks promising!! Would not have thought to look there - thanks!

Divere - I think I saw the same Topshop coat - must have been bagged by all the PR people before it ever reached a shop floor (why do they do that? Just get more made surely?)

Dachshund - that camel coat is lovely but a bit too boxy for what I'm looking for.

Ponty - why did that grey Jigsaw one not appear for me whan I was looking yesterday? It's lovely but I do want a single button so it gives me a bit of a waist IYKWIM

Thankyou for all replying - I will get on and order the Zara one Fingers crossed!!

bishboschone Wed 14-Oct-15 11:05:14

The £59 topshop one is in stock online

Maplessglobe Wed 14-Oct-15 11:41:29

The zara one have linked to is nice. I bought it but it was too jig so has gone back, alas (for some reason they don't do exchanges online). Dithering about whether to buy in a smaller size.
Since age 18, I have been an 'M' in zara. Now, after DC3 and still with a bit of extra padding, the 'M' is too big (a reefer coat I bought from zara also went back). As much as I'd like to think it's because I'm so slim, I think this season's sizing runs big.

Diddlydokey Wed 14-Oct-15 12:35:54

www.next.co.uk/x6d156s5#827107x56 in the camel

101handbags Wed 14-Oct-15 16:06:54

Agree about the Zara one, it's nice but it comes up really really big, I'm a size 12 & the medium was absolutely massive. They didn't have a S in the shop so I left it. I think even if it had fitted I would have returned it as I did click & collect & it came folded up in a box, not hanging. The creases wouldn't have come out. I recommend the Zara one but I would try instore for size & to avoid your coat arriving all crumpled.

Haveheart Thu 15-Oct-15 13:00:15

I agree the Zara one comes up slightly big. Mine fits well though but I've had to take up the sleeves - just wonder webbed it! I had to order mine online as it was sold out instore and i can't remember if it was creased. It's fine now anyway!

bishboschone Thu 15-Oct-15 14:28:17

I bought the topshop coat in navy today .. I might go back for the grey .. It's really nice smile

Chocolateteabag Thu 15-Oct-15 17:14:28

Oooh bishboschone - thanks - runs off to have a look at Topshop

Chocolateteabag Thu 15-Oct-15 17:17:38

Bish - they still have them in stock!! (almost faints)

How is the sizing?

bishboschone Thu 15-Oct-15 20:03:34

I think about right , I got a 12 and I'm a size 10 with a big bum so I didn't want it to be tight .. Topshop is very small anyways and I don't really buy clothes in there normally , I just saw this one as I was passing the other day.. Apparently the sleeves are short which isn't a problem for me but it might be if you are tall.. It's a great coat for £59 .. I much prefer a zip to buttons and it makes it much more stylish .

bishboschone Thu 15-Oct-15 20:04:33

I've been in a few top shops lately and they have all had them in stock .. The navy isn't online though for some reason. Hence why I bought the navy today as I know I can buy the grey online .

ShmooBooMoo Thu 15-Oct-15 20:41:18

The White Company (sold out unless you're a 14). You could call stores if you're interested as they do mail order (will still allow you to apply a code but still charge around 5 or 6 quid for delivery).
www.thewhitecompany.com/clothing/jackets/revere-coat--grey/

Chocolateteabag Thu 22-Oct-15 13:54:22

The Zara coat is a winner! I ordered the S and the M after reading comments above, think I'll keep the M. The S is a better fit round the body but just a bit too tight across my shoulders (I'm 5ft9ins and probably a 10/12 on top)

The M could possibly do with being taken in under the arms to make it a bit more fitted but it'll do me for now

Thanks everyone flowers

<off to organise a Zara return....>

Chocolateteabag Thu 22-Oct-15 13:56:11

Oh and my Zara coats weren't creased - well just a fold line which will drop out in the shower steam I guess.

Wannabechic1 Thu 22-Oct-15 20:53:59

All oasis, they have lovely knit dresses and tweed/jaquard skirts too.

the second coat available in a bottle green colour, and the red has leopard lining thlhmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: