Talk

Advanced search

interview outfit help

(25 Posts)
susannahmoodie Sat 10-Oct-15 20:01:08

I already have these shoes from Boden

ink{http://m.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Clearance/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Heels/AR684/Womens-Alice-Mid-Heel.html\m.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Clearance/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Heels/AR684/Womens-Alice-Mid-Heel.htm]]l}

And I was thinking of looking for tailored navy dress- interview is for head of department job in fairly conservative secondary school.

But I wonder about whether I need a jacket too and if so what colour??

Has anyone seen any apt dresses or jackets?

susannahmoodie Sat 10-Oct-15 20:11:03

I am size 16, 5'7'' with big boobs.

Kr1stina Sat 10-Oct-15 21:10:13

You need a jacket unless the dress has long or 3/4 length sleeves

susannahmoodie Sun 11-Oct-15 08:01:10

Ok, what about colour for jacket?

pdxs Sun 11-Oct-15 08:13:54

Is it the purple shoes you have or another colorway? I love a navy dress but not sure about working with those shoes (which are lovely)

What is your budget/figure type/which stores fit you well?

EvilTwins Sun 11-Oct-15 08:19:31

Hobbs - they have good shift dresses (I have a navy one from there) and get a jacket from the same place so you can try different ones with the dress.

pdxs Sun 11-Oct-15 08:25:09

Ah... see your size up top

I suggest a black sleeveless dress either sheath or fit and flare. .. but good fabric like hobbs wool (they have an online outlet... cut well for the busty) and then either a merino cardi or a blazer I the accent colour of your shoes - purple?

Then jewellery

If you will likely wear a blazer in the role buy that

I am busty and just bought the hobbs jemima suit in their sale... its my first new suit in a decade and beautiful ... if you think you'd wear the pieces maybe loom at that?
www.hobbs.co.uk/search/results?searchTerm=Jemima

It has 4 pieces... jacket, dress, trousers, skirt.

I'd do interview dress and jacket then weat as separates for work (I skipped skirt)

ohn lewis collection has some good dresses too.. They have 3 lines in suits, the wool one (poss hepburn, but the wool range 2 other suit ranges they have are crepe) is bust flattering

susannahmoodie Sun 11-Oct-15 08:51:39

Yes it's he purple shoes- they have navy in them though.
I was thinking something like

ink{http://www.edenrow.co.uk/collections/dresses/products/cambridge-dress-navy-1?variant=973848015\www.edenrow.co.uk/collections/dresses/products/cambridge-dress-navy-1?variant=97384801]]5}

But hadn't considered black/purple combination.

sneepy Sun 11-Oct-15 10:20:54

Those shoes are very beautiful but not sure I'd wear them to an interview. Are you near any large department stores? They often have personal stylist services for free. You get an hour or two and the stylist brings the clothes to you. 1 hour in John Lewis and I had everything including accessories all in budget.

susannahmoodie Sun 11-Oct-15 12:25:34

Hmmm know what you mean about shoes. But with v plain dress may add some interest??

I migh have to do the JL personal shopper thing as if I am shortlisted I don't think I will have very much time until interview.

Dowser Sun 11-Oct-15 13:03:25

Love the shoes.

I would wear them with a purple jersey dress

Dowser Sun 11-Oct-15 13:07:28

This is nice

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/HotSquash+Long+sleeved+damson+kneelength+dress/207860500,default,pd.html

dippydeedoo Sun 11-Oct-15 13:08:06

i love the shoes but dont think they are suitable for the interview you describe,sorry (they are lush tho).

dippydeedoo Sun 11-Oct-15 13:09:06

i luuurve that eden row dress.....

dippydeedoo Sun 11-Oct-15 13:09:58

the hof dress is lovely too ...( i need an interview lol)

Dowser Sun 11-Oct-15 13:10:10

The shoes...is what looks like black actually navy.

If so go with the dress you pictured.

Nice combo....and makes you look smart and interesting. Someone I'd want to chat to and hopefully employ.
Good luck with the interview.

Dowser Sun 11-Oct-15 13:15:05

Here's another navy one

www.purecollection.com/clothing/womens-dresses/slash_neck_jersey_dress_navy.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&discountCode=BASEUK&sourceCode=BASEUK&productid=35007&gclid=Cj0KEQjwkeiwBRCzmo-wiKL49pEBEiQAhvGKYRKro2OvgogbnK0z7SmrJrtzdc5ysmL8tPSq9jfUO0saAmMn8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Dowser Sun 11-Oct-15 13:22:19

There seems to be a dearth of navy dresses op

EvilTwins Sun 11-Oct-15 13:42:48

Wear the shoes! Nothing wrong with teaching in cool shoes. I have these and I wear them for work. I am also HOD in a secondary school.

tethersend Sun 11-Oct-15 13:57:09

long sleeve navy

pdxs Sun 11-Oct-15 14:12:57

Gorgeous dress! Shoes I think are a nice choice then.

susannahmoodie Sun 11-Oct-15 15:30:17

Tethers that is v nice! And I wouldn't need a jacket?

tethersend Sun 11-Oct-15 15:53:46

Not with that for a teaching interview, no.

Although it does depend on what kind of school and what subject, IME.

Some academies- and it is always academies wink insist on jackets at all times, so check. What's your subject?

susannahmoodie Sun 11-Oct-15 16:09:18

English....is a Catholic school....not an academy....yet!

tethersend Sun 11-Oct-15 17:05:05

I think that would be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now