Talk

Advanced search

MNV Vol 64

(1000 Posts)
FedupNagging Fri 09-Oct-15 16:58:03

"One is never over-dressed or underdressed with a Little Black Dress."
— Karl Lagerfeld

Its that time of year again when our thoughts turn to winter woollies, Christmas jumpers and party dresses. Come and join our musings and purchasing, high end and high street, we love them all.

MarshaBrady Fri 09-Oct-15 17:16:14

Great stuff Fedup! thanks

LinusLovesBretons Fri 09-Oct-15 17:35:48

Thanks fedup!

Marking place for later...

shopafrolic Fri 09-Oct-15 18:11:32

Thanks Fedup nearly lost you all.
Marking place for now...

thanks for the new thread fedup thanks

Larastheme Fri 09-Oct-15 18:36:38

Good one fedup,
I really love the erdem dress you linked, very Amanda Harlech with rain boots in her country house garden kind of dress !

ujjayi if you are after a drapery Breton, I highly recommend CE game day tee, I tried it once with Skinny cropped black trousers for a classier look,and was perfect, but its thin,like most CE tees though,

linus my mum doesn't match her underwear, grin are you sure your mum and I aren't related? wink

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Fri 09-Oct-15 18:51:47

Thanks for new thread Fedup, love that quote, very us!
(I take full responsibility for getting the party dress chat started. Thanks for all the positive comments re the DVF!)

So excited for this weekend - a long day's shopping in central tomorrow with both my DSises, followed by a late birthday afternoon tea for the youngest. Then off to Amsterdam early on Sunday with DH.

Larastheme Fri 09-Oct-15 19:01:57

Sounds fab blair,

I'm literally obsessed with this A.W.A.K.E , shirt, can't find it anywhere,

FedupNagging Fri 09-Oct-15 19:08:24

Blair you were definitely my inspiration grin Have a fab weekend.

Nice shirt lara - am eyeing up the trousers though.

Larastheme Fri 09-Oct-15 19:11:29

confused What's up with the horrible image upload MNHQ? Writing is supposed to be on the right .

like this, but still missing something,

oh I love,love this, close enough to the AWAKE top,

LinusLovesBretons Fri 09-Oct-15 19:13:29

Love that shirt lara but it looks quite tricky to wear. What would you wear it with?

I luuurve this shirt but I'm not sure the colours and the frills would suit me. If I can try it on IRL I definitely will.

Ha, you might be related to my DM but I doubt you're as difficult headstrong as she is.

blair your weekend sounds perfect!

DH wants to watch the Terminator tonight. Sigh. I might check out Itunes and see if we can rent something else...

LinusLovesBretons Fri 09-Oct-15 19:15:04

OMG lara! Epic cross post!

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Fri 09-Oct-15 19:21:26

Ok you both need to get that shirt now. grin It's very you lara but I can see it on both of you. It reminds me of the Miu Miu dress you liked.

Larastheme Fri 09-Oct-15 19:27:33

Great minds think alike linus wink,

If I ever get my hands on the AWAKE shirt, I'll wear it as its shown,with wide leg jeans, or black skinny trousers, it only shows available in harrods, but only size 38 sad, might give my girl Mira Duma a shout and ask her where did she get her's from grin,

Yes! blair, it does look like it,but much cheaper,

FedupNagging Fri 09-Oct-15 19:36:45

Oh Linus I hope you find something better else to watch.

Love the colours in the APC shirt but not sure about the frills either.

I picked up these black heels the other day BNIB for a song from ebay. Am very happy with them - love a bargain.

LinusLovesBretons Fri 09-Oct-15 20:17:21

Nope, The Terminator it is. That film has not aged well, it's sooo slow.

Great bargain btw!

lara if you do try that A.P.C. shirt let me know what it's like. I love that kind of style but I'm not sure it loves me back.

AmberNectarine Fri 09-Oct-15 20:50:18

Randomly came home with this essential today. I just couldn't leave it in the store!

Drywhitethanks Fri 09-Oct-15 23:32:04

Omg I lost you shock <cries> <panic> I've been out wearing Amber's leather Skinnies and red lips ......went off piste and hit the red the White was tepid and foul bad move grin .
But, I LOVE you lot.....yes lib you know me well.......hardware, jewellrey, bags, shoes generally have to match or I come out in a rash grin......OCD but hey ho. Amber thanks for making me feel normal smile
BTW was...saw a gorgeous lady today wearing black dungarees with plaid red and black shirt tied nonchalantly impressed? Vino is NIT an excuse for pathetic adverbs wink around waist....I wanted to say "you're bloody cool bitch" but just smiled and looked friendly.

Going to bed now smile nods sagely

Hope I made sense.

Oh.......ootn outfit of the night
Leather SKINNIES oh yes
Black slouchy sweater
Bronze statement necklace
Black Aquazurra rip offs
Camel MD coat
"LV" MN scarf
Gucci Dusco hobo

Shortly to be followed by Primark Pjs grin

Oh and Fedup totally agree......as you all know I love a LBD

VivaVegas Sat 10-Oct-15 07:49:57

Morning!
Marking place, the only shopping I'm doing at the moment is for wallpaper and paint!

Blingygolightly Sat 10-Oct-15 08:06:05

Morning! I always feel nothing can ever follow a Dry late night post!grin

Have had a really busy week with work, amazing meal out in Mayfair and settling in our good but rather disorganised new housekeeper/nanny. I am also organising 4 parties at the moment (Halloween, Christmas, Dds birthday and dh's birthday). Thankfully my home PA is doing most

To top it off for anyone who has been texting and Whatsapping me, I mislaid my phone somewhere in the house last Sunday and can't find it. There are 20-ish rooms in this house. I am very frustrated.angry

So my Saint Laurent shoes arrived this week and they're a keeper. Absolutely love them. I think they could potentially look overly cutsie on me with a dress on but they look great on with black trousers and don't laugh....jeans! Can't wait to wear them!

I was on the Selfridges website last night and fell in lust with this Valentino beauty

I caught the end of the last thread on not matching and shuddered.grin

QueenCardi Sat 10-Oct-15 08:24:30

How's the head dry? brew
blingy so glad the shoes are keepers. Can't wait to see how you wear them.
I forgot to say that I went out on Thursday dressed by vogue. libs dvf bag and shops dvf scarf.

FedupNagging Sat 10-Oct-15 08:45:45

I have just realised the link to the new thread isn't working - many apologies to those of you that had a panic attack until new thread was located grin. I have no idea where I went wrong blush

Amber strangely I love that jumper - not generally drawn to metallics as clothes - shoes yes.

Hope you find your phone Blingy. Really pleased you love the sparkly shoes and love the Valentino's.

Ujj shame your jigsaw purchases were no good - am impressed with your h&m ones though. I love the jumper, great colour. It would look fab with white jeans a la Lara

Funny post last night Dry - hope you don't have too much of a hangover.

shopafrolic Sat 10-Oct-15 08:47:01

QueenC that is actually lovely Linus scarf. Glad you are making use of it as I could never quite get it to work for me. I think I finally have to accept that I can only do skinny scarves or oversized blanket ones - nothing in between.
DS has a party today and has aways refused to do fancy dress. He has now announced with 5 hours to go that he wants to go dressed as Thor so I am off to the shops in a panic. Have fun weekends all.

Stokey Sat 10-Oct-15 09:10:23

Great new thread Fedup. Maybe we need a Xmas MU just with LBDs? It would be fascinating to see everyone's different takes! Did Mara mention last weekend of November? I think I could do evening but not day time - have yet to make it for lunch!

Are your leather trews the HL ones Dry?

Like the metallic top Amber, I feel like I may need some metallic leggings.

Thanks for all the coatigan links, I just haven't quite seen what I want. I may do a Regent St run in Monday in the hope of Real Life inspiration.

KittyHello Sat 10-Oct-15 09:24:27

PMSL at Dry's drunken post grin sounds like a great night was had red wine

Lara Linus I love that APC shirt, I'm not a frilly person but I think the shirt is 'hard' enough that I can get away with it. i'm thinking of squeezing in a trip to Paris soon, so may check it out.

Didn't end up going shopping on Thursday as I had no time, just popped into Selfridges and coincidently was admiring a lady's burgundy flat Rockstuds on the escalator, she didn't have a matching bag QueenC wink

My autumn wardrobe has been a bit of a disaster so far blush I'm lacking appropriate footwear. I'm walking a lot and boots, even flat ones aren't cutting it, didn't check out the trainers at R&B but may order them anyway.

In my quest for more accessories I ordered

BR plaid scarf and this so that I didn't have to pay postage leather bracelet Will be mismatching my hardware when I wear this!

Hope everyone is doing something nice this weekend. I'm still in pjs but will be taking dc out to lunch later on. Haven't thought about ootd yet.

This thread is not accepting new messages.