Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Metallic midi skirt

(12 Posts)
MoonlightandMusic Mon 05-Oct-15 22:48:31

Has anyone by any chance either come across this skirt or something similar recently?

The Guardian allege it's an ASOS one but doesn't seem to exist on the website. sad

southeastastra Tue 06-Oct-15 08:14:37

it will probably load up soon, i've noticed stuff on the guardian not appearing on some sites until a week or so later.

i think topshop and zara have similar. it's really nice!

MoonlightandMusic Tue 06-Oct-15 20:40:01

Oh, thank you - will hunt through TS and Zara and keep an eye on ASOS!

Nettletheelf Tue 06-Oct-15 20:52:32

Magazines (and newspapers) drive me insane by featuring clothes that either won't be in the shops for months or are from two years ago and are impossible to buy.

I once saw a nice jacket featured in New Woman (yes, it was that long ago) and when I rang the number in the 'stockists' listing it was only available in one shop in Kendal. Kendal!! And they didn't do mail order or online.

The second time was about three years ago when Stylist showed a nice top from Red Valentino (before it was £££). Turned out, when I rang the stockist number (which turned out to be a clueless posh woman who presumably did Valentino's PR), that the wretched garment was only on sale in Italy. Thanks a bunch, Stylist!!

Don't waste your time in most shops showing them a picture of the garment allegedly on sale. You will usually be greeted with a blank look and "we don't know what's coming in".

MoonlightandMusic Tue 06-Oct-15 21:42:56

Yes, why do they do that - at least give a rough time when said garment might be available. (Still haunting ASOS - no sign as yet sad).

Zara have one in the right style/material, but only in black. Might console me in the interim though? grin

MoonlightandMusic Mon 11-Jan-16 22:15:58

So, a mere three months later skirt is available on the ASOS site. Of course, the jumper that was photographed with it appears to have been available on Uniqlo at the time and is now sold out in my size. sad

JackandDiane Mon 11-Jan-16 22:21:27

www.asos.com/asos/asos-pleated-midi-skirt-with-metallic-foil/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5994191&clr=Blush&SearchQuery=pleated+midi+skirt&pgesize=28&pge=0&totalstyles=28&gridsize=3&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=1

plasticbanana Tue 12-Jan-16 12:16:31

How about this one. Reduced to fifteen pounds too smile

MoonlightandMusic Tue 12-Jan-16 20:44:57

Ooh, that's nice - typical though, they don't have any left in my size. Did manage to find this in my size though grin. Have ordered the ASOS skirt - now just to acquire a jumper (basically similar to the Warehouse one, but in a camel/beige) for the skirt.

Thank you!

There's a black one in all sizes in the next sale. It's in the designer women's fashion bit £22 if my link doesn't work:

www.next.co.uk/clearance/?r=cs#%2Fsearch%3Fp%3DQ%26lbc%3Dnext-offers%26ts%3Dvision%26w%3D*%26cnt%3D24%26method%3Dand%26af%3Dcat%3Adesignerbrands%20sub%3Adesignerwomensfashion%20si%3Asmall%20pb%3A01%26isort%3Dbst%26pfg%3D0FF3R5001%26sale%3DOFFERSNEW%26nxti%3D0%26nxtv%3D000%26images%3Don%26srt%3D96

herecomesthsun Tue 12-Jan-16 21:40:20

how big would my arse look in one of those (needs to lose Xmas poundage)

MoonlightandMusic Tue 12-Jan-16 22:30:08

Thanks Decaff - PU and me do not get on as well as I'd like though - tends to stick in all of the wrong places. sad I may well have a look in store though to see if there's one I can try on to see if this sad state of affairs has changed. [hopeful]

herecomes - teeny-tiny? grin. Seriously though, the style is a lot more flattering than you'd think if you get one where the waist sits correctly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now