Talk

Advanced search

Where for good quality boots?

(25 Posts)
kaymondo Sun 04-Oct-15 20:13:28

After spending the last 2 Autumn/winters paying around £80 for a pair of boots from places like next that don't even last the season, I want to invest in some decent quality boots this year. Where is the best place to look? Budget isn't a major consideration. I would ideally like a black and brown pair, probably long and either flat or with small block heel for everyday wear with skinny jeans etc.

Any recommendations?

CreviceImp Mon 05-Oct-15 01:01:24

Spanish Riding boots, Toast boots or for a more casual look -Conker pull on boots. I also rate Hudson, Agnes b and Camper.

pdxs Mon 05-Oct-15 01:04:29

I find jones soes v durable. Also gabor

CreviceImp Mon 05-Oct-15 01:06:57

Mint Velvet also worthwhile and Pied a Terre.

Nearlyadoctor Mon 05-Oct-15 07:00:55

Russell and Bromley Aquatalia- haven't managed to wear a pair out yet!

cressetmama Mon 05-Oct-15 11:10:10

There is a Spanish site called Valdeverde Botas that I have just bought a simple pair of suede knee highs from for 105 euros plus delivery. They took about three weeks (I didn't realise they were made to order) but they are lovely. Very very like Toast but way cheaper. I haven't worn them very much yet, thanks to the fine weather, but will be putting them to the test this week. I have waterproofed them, but will be avoiding downpours.

IloveChoo Wed 07-Oct-15 13:15:48

You star, cressetmama you just MADE me buy these beauties... £109 plus delivery. I'd lusted after them on a UK website but they were £280!!!

Thank you so much for posting!!

OnlyHereForTheCamping Wed 07-Oct-15 14:03:55

Oh, I am quite taken with these

valverdebotas.com/en/boots/58-botin-gemelos.html

Morsecode Wed 07-Oct-15 18:54:24

Kurt Geiger, leather inside and out, never wear out. You may find some discounted styles on shoeaholics.

ouryve Wed 07-Oct-15 19:00:21

Camel Active. Not easy to find, but they're fab.

Couldashouldawoulda Wed 07-Oct-15 19:16:20

Love those, I love Choo!

IloveChoo Thu 08-Oct-15 18:33:57

I'll report back when they've arrived Couldashouldawoulda... those ankle boots are gorgeous OnlyHereForTheCamping ...

imip Thu 08-Oct-15 18:37:24

I have two pairs of Hudson boots, one going into its 3rd winter and the other, fur-lined, going into their second winter. I really rate them for both quality and design.

Bunbaker Thu 08-Oct-15 18:42:31

Rieker. I am embarking on my third winter with my Rieker biker boots, and they are as good as new.

Next sells fashion items and their footwear is not designed to be practical - all style (debatable) and no substance.

Charles Clinkard sells a good range of quality brands as well.

cressetmama Fri 09-Oct-15 11:46:54

Oooh Choo I am thrilled for you; they look lovely, and I am thrilled to have enabled help you save lots of money! I hope they are as comfortable on you as mine.

keeponkeepinon Fri 09-Oct-15 12:07:16

Oooh camping I like those boots!

You enablers have just set me off on another trail!

keeponkeepinon Fri 09-Oct-15 12:14:49

Oh wow there are some gorgeous things on valvertebotas....how is the sizing - true to size?

velourvoyageur Fri 09-Oct-15 12:26:07

Love those Camping, really tempted.....

cressetmama Fri 09-Oct-15 12:41:55

From experience on size Keepon, I dithered but plumped for 38, then emailed to ask for 39 instead. They came back and said that actually, if I was in between, the 38 would be fine as they run a bit large, and they are right. Even with winter weight mohair walking socks, the 38 is perfect!

IloveChoo Fri 09-Oct-15 13:01:31

how long did your take to come cressetmama - website says 48-72hrs which means by the end if today I think...

cressetmama Fri 09-Oct-15 13:25:09

Mine took three weeks; I asked where they were and was told the design were made to order only and it said so on the site. Well it might on the SPanish site, but I couldn't find that mentioned on the English translation! But they were worth waiting for; I have them on now!

hettie Fri 09-Oct-15 14:35:15

Second Hudson boots check Amazon for sale prices..

cressetmama Mon 19-Oct-15 08:56:42

Choo, did you get your boots yet? Are you pleased with them if you did? I hope so, as I am feeling responsible!

pdxs Mon 19-Oct-15 12:53:28

Gabor is excellent quality, recco'd by my cobbler also, can find at discount via jones outlet online (& poss elsewhere)

carrie74 Mon 19-Oct-15 13:01:28

Second Russell & Bromley and also Hudson.

My Sam Edelmans are showing no signs of wear, and I still have LK Bennett suede boots from 12+ years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now